Issues with Find Text Position, Double Click Text and Find OCR Text

Hi,

I am facing below issues with Find Text Position, Double Click Text and Find OCR Text activities

1. When I use these activities with chrome, Studio throws ‘The method or operation not implemented’ error

2. These activities work fine with IE only if the input text contains single word and fails to find element or text if input text contains multiple words.

Please help.

2 Likes

Can you share an example page where you are unable to find the text on IE? I have had good experience with it there.
As for Chrome, try searching web and forums for Chrome Extension UIPath settings. It doesn’t work for me out of the box either, but many users have managed to get Chrome working fine with settings.

Hi,

I suppose that this error is occurring due to the fact that u would have indicate the element into which u need to enter text. Please try using attach live element then ur error should be solved.

Hello @pvilleroy, Thanks for looking into this. Here is my flow Main.xaml (12.9 KB)

Hi @Raguvarthan, Idea is to find the UI element based on text as that element does not have any reliable selector and also ‘Attached live element’ option didn’t work. However I tried for a single web page by indicating element on the page but still it failed to identify the text.

@murali38 It’s an interesting phenomenon you point out, and I’ve been able to replicate it as well. Still, I think if I better understood your intent with the resulting element (the one containing the text you seek) there is likely a better way to achieve your end goal.
For example, if you are indeed trying to check whether certain text is on the page, use ‘Text Exists’ activity. If you have planned actions for the text or nearby controls, use ‘Click Text’ activity, ‘Copy Text’, etc.
Either way, it’s interesting to see that the ‘Find Text Position’ works better for single word than multiple words.

@pvilleroy, @murali38, interesting indeed. I get the same result. I believe the issue is important:

“Idea is to find the UI element based on text as that element does not have any reliable selector and also ‘Attached live element’ option didn’t work.”

Regards,
burque505

@murali38 hey did you ever solve the issue? I’m having the same exact problem with a similar situation, it’s driving me crazy

anybody solved this problem?? please help stuck with an exception

I had the same issue. “Find Text Position” threw an exception in Chrome, but it worked fine in IE.