Issues in UiPath Advance Level 3 Training

1. When I follow the instructions to configure the GetAppCredentials.xaml, I cannot find the value for in_Credential argument. I am using UiDemo_Login as credential name in Orchestrator and replace “in_Credential” with “UiDemo_Login” however the same issue exist.

2. When I follow the instructions to configure the InitAllApplications.xaml and invoke the UiDemo_Login workflow, no argument is displayed when I click the button"Import Arguments". Should I create an argument to save the value of “in_Config(“UiDemoPath”).ToString”? How to set the property of this argument?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

“When I follow the instructions to configure the GetAppCredentials.xaml, I cannot find the value for in_Credential argument.”

I’m having the same issue, because the walkthrough says: “The in_Credential argument should have thein_Credential value”

1. When I follow the instructions to configure the GetAppCredentials.xaml, I cannot find the value for in_Credential argument. I am using UiDemo_Login as credential name in Orchestrator and replace “in_Credential” with “UiDemo_Login” however the same issue exist.

Ans: Please try the following steps:

1. In the Assets (In Orchestrator) create an Asset of type “Credential” with the username and password.
  2. In the Config file (The config file that comes with the Framework) the “UIDemo_Login” should be under the worksheet “Settings”. Let us assume we have configured it in the Settings as Name: UiDemo_Credentials and Value : UiDemo_Login.
  3. For the Import arguments of the “GetAppCredentials” pass the value in_Config(“UiDemo_Credentials”).ToString to in_Credential.

Question 2:
When I follow the instructions to configure the InitAllApplications.xaml and invoke the UiDemo_Login workflow, no argument is displayed when I click the button"Import Arguments". Should I create an argument to save the value of “in_Config(“UiDemoPath”).ToString”? How to set the property of this argument?

Ans:

1. You can store the UiDemo Path as an asset and use the “Asset” worksheet or you can use the “Settings” worksheet and store the path there as well.
  2. The in_Config is already an argument to InitAllApplications.xaml , so you can just use in_Config(“UiDemoPath”).ToString in the Start Process activity.
  3. If the Argument is missing create an argument eg: Name: in_Config Direction: In Argument Type: Dictionary(String,Object)

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind advice. For Question 2, I am actually looking for the issue of the value of “in_Config(“UiDemoCredential”).ToString” instead of “in_Config(“UiDemoPath”).ToString”.

I believed that the walkthrough instruction mix the sequence of the steps for Q1 and Q2. If Q2 the argument “in_Credential” is defined and assigned the value properly, Q1 should be solved naturally.

Thanks again!

Which sheet (of the config) has the UiDemoCredential in?
It should be in the Settings sheet.

Yes, in Settings sheet.

Ok please try the following steps:

1. In the Assets in Orchestrator - Create the Asset “UiDemo_Credentials” of type Credential and give the username and Password.
  2. In the Settings sheet “Name”: “UiDemo_Credentials” Value: “UiDemo_Credentials”
  3. In the sequence/flowchart where you call the GetAppCredentials (ensure the config file is an input argument in the workflow from where the GetAppCredentials workflow is invoked and that the Argument is mapped correctly from the Invoked workflow) .
    Example: If the GetAppCredentials is invoked from the Main (in_Credential will be Config(“UiDemo_Credentials”).ToString)
    If the GetAppCredentials is invoked from other workflows (Example: InitAllApplications - please ensure there is an argument for Config - like in_Config (Direction:In, Argument type: Dictionary<String,Object>). Then in the GetAppCredentials Import arguments pass the value in_Credential as in_Config(“UiDemo_Credentials”).ToString)

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.