Issue with Recording

I am trying to record simple task of typing a string in Notepad and change the font of the text as suggested in the lesson.
But I am getting this error when I try to click on the Format tab of the note pad.

And this does not allow the recording to be successful.

you can check the checkbox and click No for now.
Though this is a very good feature which you might need, for cases where the selectors are not reliable.

The “Anchor pop up” is actually a feature, it pops up whenever your selector is not reliable enough, and as it’s saying you want to set a reference element and identify your current element relative to it.

But in this case you don’t have to use it, you just need to click on format and for clicking on Font you just need to use click an then click on F2 to wait, click on format and when timer goes just finish your normal recording

here is a xaml file “just a little bit of help” enjoy :wink:

Main.xaml (10.9 KB)

for this xaml to work it need an untitled notepad opened

Thanks for the response. There is more to the problem. I did continue on the recording as you’ve mentioned. But when I see the recording, I don’t see the snap shot for selection of the font, so as to enable me to change the font in the recorded sequence.

Thanks for the response. There is more to the problem. I did continue on the recording as you’ve mentioned. But when I see the recording, I don’t see the snap shot for selection of the font, so as to enable me to change the font in the recorded sequence.
I am uploading my sequence for your reference. RecordingSequence2.xaml (23.9 KB)

This is what I actually meant. This is missing in the sequence I recorded.

Hi @sambhajiy
I didn’t use select item but you can use it, it’s even better.
and for the screenshots, there is a folder created automatically in each new uipath project directory, this folder is called “.screenshots” and will contain the screenshots for the workflows and sequences, I didn’t upload this file with my xaml, that’s why you can’t see the screenshots,
but these screenshots don’t have any effect whatsoever on the workflow,
it’s the selectors that matters not the screenshots.

and after a recording is generated you can play with it adding any activity inside it.

hope that helps :slight_smile:

I am sorry for the confusion.
The screen shot I shared was from another video.
The problem I am facing is that even though I am selecting the font I am not seeing the step I shared in the snapshot.

Hello @sambhajiy
I saw your workflow and the reason why you dont get the select item activity is that you’re probably using the Record in the desktop recording wizard,
in fact select item is not generated automatically when you’re clicking on a comboBox you have to stop recording and choose it from Element ==> control ==> select element
hope that helps :wink:

1 Like

I tried both Basic and Desktop recording.
I also stopped recording before clicking the “Format” option using F2 ( though it gives me only about 3 seconds time).
I still could not get a “select Item”.
I always got “Click List item” followed by “Click Button”.Flowchart2.xaml (8.4 KB)

Hi @sambhajiy
sorry I wasn’t precise when I said stop recording, what I meant is that you should stop recording using the direct record and go back to the recording menu and choose
Element ==> control ==> select element as shown in this picture

and then using this select one of the elements in the Font

Hello Reda,

Thanks for all your support.

Can I respond here.

Sambhaji

Yes go Ahead

I am sorry for the delayed response.
I have been trying to create a recording - Standard.
I am attaching a snap shot which shows the steps that I have never been able to see in my recordings.
I need this step to change the font by changing the value of the font.
I am attaching the last one I created.
Here I am able to change the font.
I am attaching a snap shot where I change the font.
The issue with this method is that if the selected font “Georiga” is visible in the format window, then fonts change from the existing to “Georgia” . If the initial font is such that “Georgia” is not in the view, the fonts do not change. I am attaching two snap shots showing successful and unsuccessful scenario.ScreenRec.xaml (12.2 KB)
change_font

No_Success_font Success_font