Issue with Job parameters in Orchestrator

so, I read about “Get Transaction item” activity - it gets an item from the queue. And I’m talking about In and Out parameters About Input and Output Arguments

Also, I watched mentioned video one more time and they didn’t use any additional activities to work with In and Out Parameters.

@madsps can you share video link in which they specified about job parameters.

Level 2 - Orchestrator 2018.3 Training

“Lesson Orchestrator 2018.3 - Video Part 2” starting from 10m

still no ideas?

Hi @madsps

This is strange, because your example works fine for me.

Could you let us know the exact point at which you get the error message Input parameters are not defined for this version?

This is how the Process looks for me in Orchestrator:

When run, it returns the proper value of the output argument:

1 Like

Hi @loginerror,

I just downloaded my zip and Published it one more time. My conf is the same: UiPath Studio Comunity 2018.4.1, Orchestrator Comunity 2019.1.0-CE.0 connected to the MyGet. About robot configuration: Standard Machine + Standard Robot
Here is my Process window

Just for the onformation: all other Orchestrator features work perfectly (Assets, Queues etc.)

Could you update your Studio Community to 2019.1? It should actually update by itself, but with the Robot connected it won’t. So please disconnect the robot, restart Studio and then restart it again after a minute or so. You should be updated to 2019.1, which is the version I tested it with myself.

the same issue with the latest studio. Maybe it is somehow related to MyGet…

Hi @madsps

did you resolve your issue? Im having the same problem :confused:


i’m also facing the same problem.Did you guys resolved it??

Hi @Viswanadh_Chowdary

for me it randomly started to work again… don’t really know why :sweat_smile:

You have to download the nuget package as well and add it via manage packages. Then it should work.

Hello All,

Create a input parameter in “Arguments” tab as shown below:

and publish the package and make the necessary changes in the orchestrator to update the package version.
The parameter will reflect in Processes as below:

Not sure if this relevant to anyone but if you create a sequence in the Main xaml file and put your argument in and out, it should then appear in your orchestrator after you publish it.

1 Like

Hi @jordan.chang

I think this will only work if you initialize your argument from the Arguments panel, and not later on in the workflow.

Yep,I try,and it work. Don’t know why. :slightly_smiling_face:

If the arguments are defined in the main workflow but you can’t see them when you publish the package to Orchestrator, there is most probably something wrong in project.json.
Open project.json in a notepad editor and make sure the project name is corresponding to main.xaml and also that arguments are defined in there.
Best regards

Hi my friend i have the solution.
1- Open with notepad the .JSON file in your proyect
2- Add this code:

“arguments”: {
“input”: [

“name”: “ProcesoConsola”,
“type”: “System.String, mscorlib, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089”,
“required”: false,
“hasDefault”: false

3- Reemplace your Argument Name in them. Add each line depend the arguments number, in my example is only 1 argument with the name “ProcesoConsola”.
4- This a example


5- Save your .JSON file.

6 - Export your proyect to orquestrator and now you can see your argument.
7- the result its below.




Send a DM for more information.


I am having similar issue with v2020.4.1 and Orchestrator v2020.10.2.

My process has 1 input argument, which shows up in Orchestrator. But, if I pass any random value to this input argument, it doesn’t take it. Whatever is default value in code, is considered. If I leave it blank value to this argument and pass something from Orchestrator, it doesn’t pass anything.

I tested simple workflow with message box that prints the input argument. I noticed the value that I pass from Orchestrator doesn’t reach Robot.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong… or missing anything. It works fine on community version but on Enterprise version it doesn’t seem to work at client end.

Hi @harshilmehta

I would suggest contact with our technical support via this form:

1 Like