Issue with invoke workflow file

Dear all,

I have a package run well on its own. However, when I am trying to run it from another workflow process by using the invoke workflow file activities and it gives me the error message.

RemoteException wrapping System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Set property ‘UiPath.Core.Activities.Target.WaitForReady’ threw an exception. —> RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: Object of type ‘System.Activities.InArgument`1[UiPath.Core.WaitForReady]’ cannot be converted to type ‘UiPath.Core.WaitForReady’.

when I am opening the package in the workflow, surprisingly there is some error with some step which is not shown up when I open it straight (rather than using invoke workflow file), this error message is

Type ‘Error’ is not assignable to type ‘http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities:WaitForReady’ of member ‘WaitForReady’. Row: 92, Column: 28

any idea or advice would be much appreciated

Are both workflows (the “Main” one and the “invoked” one) part of the same project?
If not then the error could be caused by dependencies - different version or missing.

Just guessing.

Cheers

Hi J0ska,

thank you sooooo much!

I downloaded the invoked one from the website and the main one was created by myself. I think that it must be caused by the version difference. so the question now is how I can make the 2 file compatible to each other?

thank you again

I guess it’s enough to put both workflows into same project (ie. same folder). It will then inherit dependencies from project settings.

Cheers

Hi J0ska,

Thank you, and it is working now

Cheers

Hi @SHONEXU

Can i know how you resolved it,
As i am facing the same issue could you explain the steps you followed to over come these exception.

Thanks

Hi

You would need to delete the *.json file first and then run the *.xaml file. A new *json file would be populated with the compatible details.

Please try it and let me know if there is still issue

cheers

Shone

1 Like