Issue with Excel Addin - cannot enable (certificate not trusted)

Hello

When I try to indicate cell in Excel in Excel File card I get 'The Excel AddIn is installed by disabled. Please enable it"

Then I go to Excel > Options > Add-ins > Manage Com Add-ins, then I select UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddin from the list. When I click OK I’m getting this error:
2019-12-12%2011_37_52-Excel

Name: UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn - UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn
From: file:///C:/Users/machetam/AppData/Local/UiPath/app-19.10.2/UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn.vsto
************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: The solution cannot be installed because it is signed by a publisher whom you have not yet chosen to trust. If you trust the publisher, add the certificate to the Trusted Publisher list.
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.OfficeAddInDeploymentManager.VerifyAddInTrust(ClickOnceAddInTrustEvidence evidence)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

I tried installing UiPath certificate from uipath.com to Trusted publishers store, also added C:\Users\machetam\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-19.10.2\ location to Trusted Locations in Excel Options > Trust Center > Trusted Locations. Did not help.

Hi @mateuszmacheta

Regards,
Kommi Jeevan.

I did that already. I tried again just now and getting same error showing when Excel opens:
2019-12-12%2011_37_52-Excel

Hello,

Could you please provide us with the logs :slight_smile: From what I can see we managed to sign the plugin with a wrong certificate.
I will raise an issue on our internal board and hopefully we will have a fix in our next patch for 19.10

Also could you please provide us with the Office version and Windows version.

Regards,

Dragos.

Hey

UiPath Studio: 2019.10.2
MS Office: 2016 16.0.4927.1000 32 bit
Windows 10 build 17134
Logs: Logs.zip (18.9 KB)

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. I have the same issue. How can I enable the ADDIN?

1 Like

I am also facing same issue with Microsoft office 2010.

latest release 19.12 should fix most of the problem. please check again

Hello,

We think that we managed to have a work@ for the issue :slight_smile:

The issue : When installing the UiPath plugin one get an error that the Plugin is signed by an untrusted vendor

The solution :

Step 1: Navigate to %localappdata%/UiPath
Step 2: Locate the current installed version ( could varry depending on the update chanel :wink: )
Step 3: Locate the plugin ddl : UiPath.Integration.ExcelAddIn.dll
Step 4: Open the advanced setting of the file → Digital signatures
Step 5: Select from the signatures list and click on details
Step 6: View the certificate
Step 7: Install the certificate

That should be all :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to admit that I made a mistake by omission in my last statement , and I must correct myself … the certificate should be installed under Trusted Publishers store for the CurrentUser

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.