Issue when running as admin / Outlook Interaction

Hello everyone,

First and foremost thanks for taking the time to read this and help out! :slight_smile:
Anywho, long story short I need to run UiPath as admin in order to touch certain elevated applications. The problem is inside of my bot I am reading emails and if I run UiPath (Studio) as admin it no longer reads from the email. If I have office opened as usual (not as admin) I get this error:

RemoteException wrapping System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed out.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.GetMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
IAsyncResult result)

Looking this up it appears if your “MailFolder” property is incorrect. Obviously it is correct as it’s functioning perfectly fine when not running UiPath as admin. If I do run Outlook as admin it executes without any errors but it doesn’t read any emails. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Riley

@rileythiessen

If the outlook is configured with your mail ID and normal access, and if your studio with admin , I hope it will execute well. But I don’t think we can access some others mail ID even we are admin of that system. So, can you think of it once as it is hard to explain