Issue on ui element when running on attended bot (workspace is locked)

Hello,

We are encountering a problem on interacting with this ui element (See screenshot below) we tried using simulate click, send hotkeys still unable to interact with that specific ui element and for other elements we are not encountering issues. So is there a way or new approach to interact with that ui element? TIA

Also this is the elements captured using ui explorer

Hi,

Can you try HardwareEvent? And Cursor offset if necessary?

And also please check if mouse cursor move where you expect.
If it doens’t move on the button, it may be selector matter and need to review its settings.

Regards,

Hi,

Where does mouse cursor move to in HardwareEvenet mode? If it’s not target, it’s necessary to review selector.

Regards,

I’m doing test now I will let you know the results!

The modern activities still doesn’t work hardware events cant work on the background also we tried using simulate on NClick activity still same result bot can identify the element but cannot interact with it.

Hi,

If you need to run it background, can you try Chromium API with cursor offset?

Regards,

I also tried this

still same result no error thrown but there is no interaction with the choose file

Hi,

It seems too large offset. As cursor offset is from original point of target element, in this case, set Choose File button as target then set TopLeft , offset value X:10,Y:5 , for example.

Regards,

I did use get position to get those x and y axis is there other way to capture it?

@joscares

You dont need to use offset thta way

Change the value of position to bottom left and then give 10 and 10 as offset…that should suffice to click on the choose file

Offset value is relative to the element you select and not to the whole window

Cheers

Thanks for this and will try I’ll let you know the results

1 Like

Hello,

New error encountered using chromium api

@joscares

then you need to go with hardware only if you need offset …

also i believe you wanted to click on choose file exactly…instead of indicating whole did you try indicating only that button…if you are unable to indicate can you try checking the visual tree if you are able to find it

cheers

Okay will let you know the result and thank you for response!

1 Like

I have no issues when workspace is active bot can easily interact with that element, the main issue is that if we tried to run the bot using task scheduler and workspaces is getting locked that’s the time we are having issues with thet choose file element

You can’t run automations with the screen locked. If you’re letting it run with the screen locked then that means no user input is needed, which means it should be an unattended automation.

is there a way to not let the screen locked?

That’s up to your settings in Windows.

Can you help me with this? I check screen saver it is turned off

Screen saver isn’t the same as screen locking. Is this a company computer? If so, screen locking is controlled by group policy (your IT security department).

But again, why aren’t you running this as an unattended automation?