Issue in send smtp mail message

Hi Monika Chaudhari,

I Don’t know the exact solution. For me, it’s working fine after reinstalling the studio.

image001.png

Hello
I had the same problem, I contacted Uipath support.
Below what was suggested and that made me solve the problem.
You can follow the explanation at this link: https://docs.uipath.com/robot/docs/message-too-large-to-process. You have to change the value of maxMessageSizeInMegabytes from 10 to 50, in uipath.config file.

We are getting the same timeout error after upgrading to latest LTS version of Studio 21.10.4 (VM Win Server 2012 R2, old, I know). With 2010.10.2 no problems. I guess size cannot be the reason as this happens with any kind of test email with just one word of text.

How to resolve?

To which version did you update?

Have you checked the SMTP server is accessible from the system the robot is running?

Timeout issue can be due to the unsuccessful connection to the destination too

Check the SMTP configuration via powershell to confirm this.
For this, this doc can help
SMTP using Powershell.

Yes, sorry for not explicitly mentioning but indeed we have tested that smtp is otherwise working fine (with Telnet). So, when running 2010.10.2 → all fine. Then update to 21.10.4 and a server reboot → smtp timing out with UiPath (otherwise still working)…

I had upgraded to version 2020.10 and this was last year. Now, I am again facing this issue but don’t have 2021 available in my work laptop yet so I switched to Send Exchange Mail Message activity

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Just incase anyone comes across this post again while looking for a solution, I spoke to UiPath today and they gave me the below advise on fixing the issue. Hope it helps someone!

############################################################
Regarding the issue you described in the ticket description, we would like to ask you to do the following:

1. Kill the Assistant process to make UiPath.Service.UserHost.exe free from parent Assistant
  2. Start UiPath.Service.UserHost.exe standalone or by any process except for Assistant.

If this works, then we need to inform you that this is a known issue that will be solved in upcoming versions of Robot.

An alternative solution would be to create a sub workflow with send SMTP activity and call this workflow using Invoke Workflow file activity, mention the timeout in the Invoke workflow file activity so the SMTP will not get stuck for long hours it will throw a timeout error after specified time on Invoke workflow file activity.
##############################################################

5 Likes

THANKS A LOT!

1 Like