Issue in send smtp mail message

Hello,
Is this issue resolved? I am using the latest packages now and the imapx as well. I’m still facing the same problem :frowning:

Timeout issue is often related to thr network restrictions. Make sure a test is always perform before putting in UiPath.

You csn test SMTP is working or not by using many options. One of them is below, using powershell.

This will let you know if there is any error, alternatively you can check the Event Viewer in your system to check if there’s any error.

I’ve tried this solution many times but still no luck. I don’t even know what kind of event/error/logs I need to look for in the event viewer as there are many things happening in there… The same thing with other people, if I will restart the VM, sometimes it will work and but usually, it does not work. I’ll consult with my network admin or server admin. I’ll post an update once okay.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like

I have a VM where until the studio update the send smtp mail worked flawlessly. After the update we even run a process which sends more than 30 emails via smtp. The next day another process run succesfully but the next one got stuck sending the email and did not timeout properly.
Until today the issue is still present.
Yesterday i faced the same issue on my notebook, which works with another orchestrator, and today the activity send smtp mail worked as expected.
I have tried using the Telnet app from windows but it seem to not work with SSL connections.

I suggest you try using Uipath Orchestrator.

Hello, Just an update… Before, I was using Gmail, but after I connect my Gmail account to outlook and use the outlook activities, I have never encountered any issue since then.

I had to abandon SMTP as a mail sending solution and instead I established an API connection to my Gsuite, which is working fine.

While this provides me the ability to continue to function, it’s not ideal that SMTP is no longer an option because of what has been reported here.

Hey all,

So we’ve seen this on and off with a few different processes. A restart of the VM / machine where we were running the send STMP message used to be the goto. I recently found that quitting the uipath assistant and signing back in would also correct the issue and allow me to send.

Does anyone know if an older version (and if so, which one) of the mail activities works effectively?

Also, has anyone submitted a ticket regarding this issue into support? I’d love to know what the official response is to this issue.

Cheers!

dw

Hello, any solution to this problem.

It worked fine for me until today, I have tested and the connections are correct using the same smtp with Thunderbird.

If I configure gsuite or outlook as an alternative, will it work?

a greeting

I had the same issue. Upgrading UiPath Studio to the latest version available fixed the problem.

The probable cause could be compatibility between UiPath and Outlook (in my case)

@pushpa.k
hi,
Have you got any solution for this error.

Hi Monika Chaudhari,

I Don’t know the exact solution. For me, it’s working fine after reinstalling the studio.

image001.png

Hello
I had the same problem, I contacted Uipath support.
Below what was suggested and that made me solve the problem.
You can follow the explanation at this link: https://docs.uipath.com/robot/docs/message-too-large-to-process. You have to change the value of maxMessageSizeInMegabytes from 10 to 50, in uipath.config file.

We are getting the same timeout error after upgrading to latest LTS version of Studio 21.10.4 (VM Win Server 2012 R2, old, I know). With 2010.10.2 no problems. I guess size cannot be the reason as this happens with any kind of test email with just one word of text.

How to resolve?

To which version did you update?

Have you checked the SMTP server is accessible from the system the robot is running?

Timeout issue can be due to the unsuccessful connection to the destination too

Check the SMTP configuration via powershell to confirm this.
For this, this doc can help
SMTP using Powershell.

Yes, sorry for not explicitly mentioning but indeed we have tested that smtp is otherwise working fine (with Telnet). So, when running 2010.10.2 → all fine. Then update to 21.10.4 and a server reboot → smtp timing out with UiPath (otherwise still working)…

I had upgraded to version 2020.10 and this was last year. Now, I am again facing this issue but don’t have 2021 available in my work laptop yet so I switched to Send Exchange Mail Message activity

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Just incase anyone comes across this post again while looking for a solution, I spoke to UiPath today and they gave me the below advise on fixing the issue. Hope it helps someone!

############################################################
Regarding the issue you described in the ticket description, we would like to ask you to do the following:

  1. Kill the Assistant process to make UiPath.Service.UserHost.exe free from parent Assistant
  2. Start UiPath.Service.UserHost.exe standalone or by any process except for Assistant.

If this works, then we need to inform you that this is a known issue that will be solved in upcoming versions of Robot.

An alternative solution would be to create a sub workflow with send SMTP activity and call this workflow using Invoke Workflow file activity, mention the timeout in the Invoke workflow file activity so the SMTP will not get stuck for long hours it will throw a timeout error after specified time on Invoke workflow file activity.
##############################################################

5 Likes

THANKS A LOT!

1 Like