Issue - Cannot communicate with the browser

Hi

I have problems interacting with the browser, I get the following error message:

Capture

I have the plugin that mentions installed, to for Chrome, IE and Firefox but the error is the same, perform the steps of the following tutorial but the error persists —> https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/internet-explorer-automation-troubleshootin

Any suggestions?

Thks !

Are you getting the error in all Browser?

Hi @Braki you should install the extension as you can see in the screeshot.

then restart your browser and try again.

I’m having the same problem specifically with Internet Explorer. I’ve tried every step I could find and I’ve spent two weeks researching the issue. I’m currently only getting the error in IE but have had it in Chrome and Firefox as well, I can unfortunately not remember how I fixed them but it was a lot of reinstalling and checking settings, installing extensions and reinstalling UiPath studio.

i have installed all complements for the browsers but the error continue

for the all browsers

Hi Braki,

Did you try to reinstall the browser? What Studio version do you have? And what’s the version of UiPath.Core.Activities package?

yes reinstall UP and the browser, i have the last versión of UiPath, We ask the team administrator to add: the extension, the browsers and the UiPath application to the list of firewall exceptions, but the problem persists.

Hi @ovi,

I have 18.1.5 enterprise version of UiPath. i’m also surviving to this problem. Please let me know how can i proceed.

Regards,
Bagish

Hi all, has anyone been able to solve this issue yet? None of the suggestions above worked.

Hi,

I have come across this too. The following are the steps I took to mitigate the problem, but don’t know which one solved it.

1. Update Uipath to the latest enterprise version not the fast track version.
  2. Re install the internet explorer if possible or change all (scripting, ActiveX etc) to enabled and apply changes and restart the machine.,
  3. The website that you are working with, add them to trusted sites.
  4. While retrying to click, type, extract attribute or attach the browser dont retry it repeatedly with little or no time in between - that might result in click generic error or failure to communicate with the browser.
  5. Always run on administrator status .
  6. make sure all extensions are setup with the correct version, - of course the firewall exceptions and other things have to be taken care of.

See whether this solves your problem :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like