Issue Automating Notepad on Windows 11: Closes After Typing

Hello UiPath community,

I am facing a peculiar issue when attempting to automate interaction with Notepad on Windows 11. My workflow opens Notepad, types a comment, but unexpectedly, Notepad closes after completing the automation.

Interestingly, if I manually open Notepad before starting the program, the automation works correctly, and Notepad doesn’t close after typing the comment.

I have reviewed my workflow and haven’t found any explicit action to close Notepad. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to address this unexpected behavior?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice you can provide.

Thank you!

Hi @juanjose.implicate827

To launch the Notepad you may be used Use application\browser activity right.

If yes, then open the properties of Use application\browser activity, there is close property in that select the Never option.

By selecting this option the Notepad will never close after the execution of automation.

Check the below image for better understanding,

Hope it helps!!

2 Likes

Hey UiPath community,

Great news! The problem with automating Notepad on Windows 11 has been fixed. Thanks to [mkankatala]'s expert advice, everything is working smoothly now.

Big thanks to the community for the support!

It’s my pleasure… @juanjose.implicate827

Happy Automation!!

I am glad you found a solution for the closing issue, anyway it is much more performant and reliable to use specific activities for performing such tasks that work in background, like:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.