Is this the correct way?

Hi to all,

I’m new in the RPA practice and I would like to know if it the correct way to install the UIPath Robot on Windows Server 2019.

1. We only need to install the only the Robot, no studio
  2. The Robot must be in User Mode
  3. We need to provide the URL of the Orchestrator
  4. Plus the installation of the add on Java + Chrome extension
  5. All of that silently
    I have come up with a command line I’ve tried it and it install something but how can I validate if all the components are installed.
    Here’s the command line

msiexec.exe /i C:\Software\UiPathStudio.msi ADDLOCAL=Robot,JavaScriptAddOn,ChromeExtension CONNECTIONSTRING=https://TBD_After_Orchestrator_Setup/api/robotsservice/GetConnectionData?tenantId=1 SERVICE_URL=??? CHROME_INSTALL_TYPE=GLOBAL /quiet /passive

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Hi @mi.beaulieu,

That is a really cool script!
I did some digging. Since the script installs a bunch of stuff, I guess the validation script will be quite an art of work :smiley: as well, especially the Chrome extension!

1. Robot Service User Host
Check if RobotService is running via the CMD command
tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq UiPath.Service.UserHost.exe"

2. UiRobot installed version
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-20.10.2>Uirobot.exe -version
This will be shorter for the enterprise version. I think it is directly at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Uipath

3. UiPath edge or chrome extension
You can navigate to chrome://system and then click the button expand on extensions. There you will get a list of all activated extensions for the logged in user

I am sure this is possible some other way, but this is the easiest way to get that info. I am not sure how to get this via CMD, PowerShell script might be easier here.

4. Connection to Orchestrator
May be use the UiPath API and check for robots connected there.

Thanks you very much for this reply
Your comment are really helpful.

Michel B.

I am sure like me other community members would enjoy reading the approach you used finally. I kindly request you to share your approach here.

Automating and validating the robot installation process can save a lot of time for many of us :slight_smile: