Is there any plan in future UIpath support for Mac machines?

Thanks in Advance!!!

2027. @richarddenton expressed his concerned that we are releasing too fast and we should slow down the pace so it has been postponed from 2022. UiPath Release Rate

Now seriously: for now it would be too complicated to develop and it is not our main market. Therefore not in our near term plans.

1 Like

Pmsl!!

Thank you for the update

Hello, Naveen! This is a bit off topic, but if you or somebody you know needs to use UiPath Studio on Mac, we’ve mapped some of the workarounds in this article: UiPath on Mac - RPA Developer Tutorial | UiPath . Hope it helps! :tada::robot:

2 Likes

It would be great to have UiPath for MAC OS.

Hi @ArunVelaayudhanG

Check out this article for more information.

TLDR: Wouldn’t work due to the dependencies on .Net and other Microsoft systems.

2 Likes

Yep. Yet, if something can be done for MAC users, it would be awesome. An alternative should be there! to make it work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you looking for a way to automate processes on your Mac?

1 Like

Yes. Kind of.

Use your Mac to download VirtualBox or Similar, Install windows and you are fixed.

https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.8/VirtualBox-6.0.8-130520-OSX.dmg

Native MacOS support won’t happen for 3+ years is my guess the new .NET 5 is cross platform so it might be practical for UiPath to consider a Mac version then. Bear in mind that all the activities would be second class citizens on a Mac and this would drive people mad keeping track of what does and does not work.

Mac has always had some good automation tools not available on Windows.

Consult Dr Google some more you will find more tools to poke your Mac than you might guess.

1 Like

I merged the topic with an older discussion :slight_smile:

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.