Is the Ask GPT activity down? (Update: It is not. The question I was asking was timing out.)

I created a simple process flow based on the GPT Activities Marketplace package to ask questions related to a document - I am using an annual report as an PoC / Demo.

It was working well yesterday (fortunately I was able to grab a screen recording so I can demo to my business teams.) Unfortunately when I tried to do a live demo this morning the Ask GPT (the non OpenAI) activity is timing out. Has the endpoint been disabled?

I made a quick test workflow using GPT Activities package and it works fine.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you J0ska - turns out it was the questions I was asking which were timing out. I tried one of the questions I knew had given answers previously and it worked. I did not expect it to time out if it could not come up with an answer. Obviously still a PoC activity, but very cool to demo.

Activities don’t go down. ChatGPT might, or you’ve exceeded your maximum queries, or some other issue.

Hello Postwick - I realize the activity itself does not go down since it is installed locally in my Studio from the marketplace download. That is why I was asking if the endpoint had gone down, since I am not using the Open AI activities, but the Ask GPT which, based on the description, is hosted on Azure and managed by UiPath. There are no details on Token limits, max queries or anything similar in the marketplace description.

1 Like

@JOrdinas

You need a subscription and your subscription limits can be checked from your chatgpt pages

Cheers

Right. It is cool and thx for pointing it out.
Cheers

@Anil_G - Sorry to say, but what your answer is not correct.

The Ask GPT activity I am using (which I mention in the Title and description) does NOT use OpenAI services and thus does not use an OpenAI subscription. You highlighted the wrong paragraph in your reply.

In the meantime, through some experimentation, I have figured out that the Ask GPT activity sometimes fails silently and simply times out. The activity is good for a PoC and demo, but not production ready – and the marketplace page makes this clear. (i.e. I was fully aware of this, and I am not complaining)

1 Like

@JOrdinas

Taken jordians …that depends on what activity you use…on the highlevel from thw question this what i could grab

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.