Is it possible to view data entry as it runs?

I have code that is running in the background while it web scrapes for information and inputs it into an excel file. I currently use the Write Range activity but it just automatically runs the code in the background which is great. But is there a way to physically see the data being entered into the file? I’d like to see the Excel file open, the data being entered, and then the file saving/closing out.

Hi @materialdev7 ,

If you want to see the data being written to Excel, then you can switch over to the Excel Read and Write Ranges.
These activities are placed within an Excel Application Scope.

If you can’t see any of the Activities, then click on the Filter icon and check the box for Classic.

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

1 Like

You can make the excel instance visible to see the excel working, however it’s not recommended to make it visible as it’s not a best practice.

1 Like

How come? This is just for the purpose to show/demo a client that the bot is working in the background.

When I do that that Excel file just opens and closes very quickly. I cannot see the data being physically entered by the bot.

Hi @materialdev7,

If that is the case, then you can either add/lengthen Delays, or use the Write to Cell Activity instead.

If you were trying to check if the data is being entered properly, then we can make things easier by passing the transaction details into Log Messages and monitor it from the Orchestrator instead.

I can understand that it leads to more effort, but logging details is the best way to go.

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

1 Like

For such demo reasons only you can make the bot attended e.g. by a message box within an Excel Application Scope after the data writing.

Only making Excel visible with the visible flag can lead that you will see the open excel only for a too short time and this will not be targeted for demo purpose.

For any other inspections (especially for the development) use all tools / techniques that are provided by the debug functionalities

1 Like

You can also do a recording of the Bot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.