Can you share me more details?

Thanks

1 Like

We have a rdp which is accessible by my bot username as well as mine

As of bot bot is running and connected to the bot username in the rdp,

Can I trigger the same bot with my username

1 Like

@Sweety_Girl

You mean to say that one rdp is working with some username and you want to work on the same rdp with you user?

Is it that?

Sorry if i didn’t understand you correctly

Thanks

1 Like

yes correct

1 Like

RDP or a machine

1 Like

@Sweety_Girl

It works, but it depends on the type of the license it is, you need make sure that your username has valid uipath robot license

I also suggest to write to UiPath Support team, so that they can serve you well with best licensing approach

Hope this helps
Thanks

Can u explain a little more details on the license regarding this?

@Sweety_Girl

are you connected with orchestrator?

For your reference check below post

Hope this helps

Thanks

yes…

@Sweety_Girl

Check the post i updated, hope you will get some sort of understanding

IF you have server then multiple logins will happens parallely

Thanks

Can we use the same license for the both

@Sweety_Girl

You can refer this below link to know the licesensing model

https://licensing.uipath.com/

also you have to know what licence you hold

Mark as solution if this helps

Thanks

Can u clarify this,

What are the changes to be done when we change the user from bot to my username

Can we use same license?

@ClaytonM.

Please guide with some more information

To answer your question quick:

A connected bot uses up a runtime license and connects based on the username and machine. So once that bot is connected, you can’t trigger the bot on another user, unless you disconnect it or edit the username on the bot.

If it’s a floating robot, then you need to disconnect it by signing off of the machine which it is connected to, so the license is lifted for yourself to sign in and have it connect to your username instead.

If it’s a standard robot, then you will need to edit the username for the bot so it can connect to that username.

If the bot is not connected to that username (either floating or standard robot), you can not trigger/run a job.

In summary, you can use the same license for a runtime/robot, but you need to have it connected to your username first to be able to run anything.

Does that answer your questions?

I think I need to clarify on my last points…

A floating robot is based on the username. So in order to use multiple users, you need to edit the robot for that as well. The floating robot will let you connect to multiple machines, however, as long as you sign off from the machine before connecting to the other.

So, the only way to use the same robot for multiple users, is to edit the username on it so it can connect to the other user.

If you have enough available licenses, it will only use the license if the robot is in connected state.

So, for example, if you have 2 robots, for 2 different users, but only 1 is connected, it will just use 1 license.

There could be some other details, I’m missing though, cause the license structure has progressed rapidly over the years. It’s possible, you can have more robots connected than the licenses available, as long as they are not running at the same time using a runtime license… but this, I am not 100% sure on.

1 Like

Thank you @ClaytonM, for ur quick clarification…

I am now able to grasp something what to be done ahead,

The username should to changed in the robot → domain\username area, Is that correct,

Anything else to be changed in IIS

Yes. Or have 2 robots for each user and only connect the one you want to use.

Don’t think so. IIS just houses the Orchestrator web app, and I don’t think there are any settings that would help your question.