Is it possible to run multiple users of same machine with Robot

Hi,

I have UiPath Community Edition installed on Windows 10. I have 2-3 users on the same machine. I want to configure all those for the Robots.

Is it possible and how ?

Thanks

1 Like

Yah of course two or more users can run with a machine and with its robot
but only in sequence and not at a time
like if some one is running a process in that machine and suddenly if another person runs a process then that process will be in PENDING state and will wait until the current process completes executing

hope this would help you
Cheers @manishpchawda

@Palaniyappan

Say I have created a robot with Machine X and Domain\username as x\yy
Since I have another user on the same machine as zz, I want to creat it in Robot.

I created the same but not able to connect it. Only one Robot gets connected. I want all Robots to be connected.

If required I can send screenshots.

Thanks

aaha, no buddy we wont be able to create two robots with different user for same machines
only one robot can be connected to one machine
i meant like two users can access the robot from orchestrator point of view and run the job whenever needed, like a orchestrator can be given access to one or more users

hope this would help you
Cheers @manishpchawda

@Palaniyappan

Hope you understood my question ?

OK! Thanks.

1 Like

Fine
let me explain elaboratly

yes a user with yy and machine name X can access the robot tagged to this machine

but if we want to create another robot for another user zz WITH THE SAME MACHINE - is not possible because one machine can be tagged to only one robot as one robot can be tagged with only one user

Thats the reason why the robot did get connected

Hope this would help you
kindly let know for any queries or clarification
@manishpchawda

@Palaniyappan

Thanks.

yes @manishpchawda you can. If you have more than 1 Robot license and you have more than one user credentials then you can run both the Robots Simultaneously on the same machine. Provided that your machine supports two logins at the same time. These are called HD Robots. You can run same process on both the Robots at the same time and also you can run different processes on both the Robots at the same time.

You can find more info here: https://docs.uipath.com/robot/docs/about-high-density-robots

3 Likes

hmm
great
thank you so much @md.kashif464
i got to know one thing today.

Cheers

I just did my Job.
Cheers to you also @Palaniyappan for helping others. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

@md.kashif464

Based on the link, is it necessary to have Server OS. Since I have Windows10, is it possible on it and if yes, how. Please guide.

Thanks

1 Like

No, you can not. Only Server OS allows simultaneous logins at the same time.

1 Like

@md.kashif464

Thanks

Manish Chawda

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.