Is it possible to obtain User Key without going to Orchestrator?

Hello,
I am wondering if it is possible to obtain the user key for api access without having to go into the orchestrator services and api access tab.
If anyone could confirm if this is possible and if so how to do so I would greatly appreciate it.
Without being able to completely ignore orchestrator including just to obtain the user key, I find that using the api features aren’t as useful as they could be.

Regards,
Sam Hedgecock

Hi @Sam.Hedgecock,

this should help you:

Hi @Sam.Hedgecock

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Actually, the user key available in the Orchestrator is a permanent refresh token that you have to use to generate your access_token as per this bit of documentation:
https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/reference#section-authenticating-to-your-cloud-platform-based-orchestrator-tenant

This means that you only ever need to access it once and that’s it.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the response
I am not sure if I was clear enough, what I am looking to do is to obtain the User Key without having to go to orchestrator (cloud version) in order to use it for authentication through the api, I would like to do so using python, I am able to do the actual authentication and getting of robots etc and starting a job via python once I have the key but I am currently having to get this manually, but I wish to obtain the user key so I don’t have to visit the actual site before starting the authentication process and can essentially do that process every 24 hours via a script

Regards,
Sam Hedgecock

Hello,

So the access token is what refreshes and not the user key? The User key remains permenant unless revoked and therefor can be stored(in an encrypted database for example)? But I would still like to know if its possible to access this key without visiting orchestrator

Regards,
Sam Hedgecock

1 Like

Just before this UI way was implemented, it was possible but really annoying. See here a full record of a user trying to figure it out :slight_smile:

I don’t see why this old method wouldn’t still work, so you can give it a go. No guarantees though, as I didn’t test it to see if it still does.

Sadly I have never been able to get the Code Verifier part of this working, but I appreciate the help and post :slight_smile:
If you know any other way or are able to put me in contact with anyone who might know if its possible or not I’d really appreciate it.
If not no worries and thanks again.

Regards,
Sam Hedgecock

1 Like