Is it possible to for loop without using foreach and decision statements?is there any way to write that one using assign?

is it possible to for loop without using foreach and decision statements?is there any way to write that one using assign?

Not with Assign, as the loop itself doesn’t produce or store a value, thus can’t be used as either side of it.

Closest to a For loop is a While loop with a counter as the condition.
for (i = 0; i < something.Length; i++) { .... }
becomes:
i = 0; while (i < something.Length) { // some logic i++; }

i kno this one.but actually i need usinng assign activity

I was doing some research this morning with List.ForEach but unsuccessful with Invoke Method as well.

For eg : dt.AsEnumerable().ToList.ForEach(Function(x) list.Add(x)) ( adding dt rows to list)

This is a bad example, as the list it self is created(ToList), but was trying to explore more options.

Right, you can use a For in a few ways within an Assign activity like what vvaidya is posting above.

I’m not an expert though. You can do something like this:
(From line In text.Split(vblf(0)) where line.StartsWith(“ABC”))

My example, takes a list of text and stores only certain lines to an array that meet a criteria.

@harisankarreddy
I fail to see what you want to assign a loop to. Can you elaborate?

@vvaidya
Function needs to return something, yours doesn’t. It would need to be a .ForEach(Sub(x) list.Add(x)), but unffortunately Statement lambda's cannot be converted to expression trees., so I don’t know how to pass an Action<T> as a parameter to InvokeMethod.
Last time I just created an activity that would do what I wanted instead.

@ClaytonM
That’s not a For loop, it’s a LINQ expression in query syntax :slight_smile: Still, it returns a value so can be used in assign perfectly fine.

lol, I know but for Assign you need to return a value so figured that’s kind of what he’s looking for. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried Action parameter as well, still gives me same message. Will rest the case partially now and re-try when I need