Is it Possible to extract the Content of Item List to a File ( TXT or XLSX)?

Dears,

Is it Possible to extract the Content of Item List to a File ( TXT or XLSX) ?

yah of course we can get them with FIND CHILDREN ACTIVITY
for example

Cheers @hsendel

1 Like

@hsendel
Give a try on using find children Activity to geht all List items. Then iterate over the received children and Process the single items e.g. adding to a Datatable. The Datatable can later be used e.g. within a write Range activity

1 Like

Thanks but how to list the elements?

Thx ppr , How to add to DataTable?

@hsendel in General define a Datatable with one column and add the value by using add datarow activity

1 Like

–first create a datatable with a column using build datatable activity and get the output with a variable of type datatable named dt
–once get the DESCENDANT values from FIND CHILDREN ACTIVITY with output variable of type ienumerable
–now use a for each activity and iterate through each ienumerable and inside the loop use a ADD DATA ROW activity and in that mention the arrayrow property as {item.tostring} and in datatable mention as dt
which will add to a datatable
–then use a WRITE RANGE activity and mention the datatable as input

hope this would help you
Cheers @hsendel

2 Likes

@hsendel If Item.tostring will Not Work aĂź expected then use get attribute Activity or item.get(attributename) instead

I got the following :
19.4.4+Branch.support/v2019.4.Sha.6d308c7f5a32b559373887ae421ce7eaec8f8d24

Source: Add Data Row

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

it seems like a null value
check with a write line activity with the same input given to add data row, as a string and check with output panel
@hsendel

With “Write Line” I got the following :

aaah
sorry

–use GET ATTRIBUTE inside the for each activity and pass the input as item.tostring
–from that get attribute activity get the output of attribute either aaname or text as a string variable
–now pass that string variable as input to the add data row activity

Cheers @hsendel

The 2nd one: aaname or text as a string variable is not clear ???

@hsendel
Aaname or Text ist the Attribute Name that can be used to retrieve the listitem value by geht Attribute aĂź described above by me and @Palaniyappan

1 Like

Thx @ppr. Could you please share an example for more clarification.

@hsendel
Sure WE can Help you. Unfortunately im on travelling and away without any Laptop. @Palaniyappan and Others maybe Help out to get it faster for you.

• Find children
  • Project listitem value to list or dt
    ** Linq or for each
    Uielementvar.get(attributename) ist fetching listitem value (e.g. the Text with Text)
1 Like

This is my exampleExample.zip (19.8 KB)

1 Like

Dears, Any suggestion?

1 Like

@hsendel
Unfortunately im on travelling and away from Laptop and uipath. Can you give some Details on what currently is Not working at your end?

1 Like

Hello,

I am working on a solution, I’ll get back to you soon.

1 Like