Is it possible to do a html dom for login in uipath without using the [indicate on screen activity]

is it possible to do a html dom for login in uipath without using the [indicate on screen activity]

Hello @Latoya_mbatha

I guess its not possible

Hi @Latoya_mbatha @ushu,

Technically, yes it is possible by using Inject Javascript activity and not identifying the element. See this thread on how you can use the Inject Javascript activity to populate input fields.
Use Browser Chrome: Inject JS script is not supported for this element - Help! - Help / Studio - UiPath Community Forum

If you do use this approach your pre and post condition checks should be tested to ensure your automation is robust and can inform you of both expected and unexpected failures.

Practically, we avoid this beacuse we would want our automation pre conditions and post conditions checks to be performed without having to handle additional application interactions. In this case, we have to ensure we have a return variable which lets us know if the input fields were updated or if we successfully loggedin.

Does it mean that i need to adjust the selectors for all websites. in a situation where I’m changing passwords and username in the excel document.

Hi @Latoya_mbatha,

Again, I would advise to use the Inject Javascript to automations where you can test both pre and post conditions.

If you already have identified elements and have many websites you want to log into with different selectors, I would suggest not to change your approach. The Javascript approach is fast, but if you have multiple websites, each website will have its own selectors which need to be updated in the Javascript script file.

I also would advise you to always provide the forum members with additional information on

• What you are trying to achieve?
  • Why would you want it?
  • What is your expected result?
    Clear answers to these questions will help resolve your issue or request much faster.

thankyou noted