Is it possible to connect a machine with two different user accounts on Orchestrator?

Hi UiPathians,

I have my processes published in Orchestrator using my credentials.
Now, I have the need to create a team-wide user account on Orchestrator so that others can also access the workflow/processes.

For achieving this, I created a new account > created new machine/environment/process using this account. But when I try to connect this orchestrator with the robot(using the newly generated machine key), I face the following error:

Invalid machine key
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorHttpException: Invalid machine key
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorClientExtensions.d__3.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.d__61.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.<RequestAsync>d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorBaseClient.<RequestAsync>d__41.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.Clients.OrchestratorClient.d__13.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.<PerformConnect_LicenceKeyAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.<PerformConnect_LicenceKeyAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Orchestrator.OrchestratorController.d__24.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Messages.MessageDispatcher.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Service.Impl.RobotService.d__28.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.d__22.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.d__21.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass3_2.<<-ctor>b__5>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__3.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Ipc.IOHelpers.d__8`1.MoveNext()

Thoughts on what’s wrong?
Is there a different approach for this altogether? Or is it something unachievable?

Let me know in case of more information required to debug this issue.

Thank you!

hi
to do this we can create users in the orchestrator and assign them with a role
so that they can login to your orchestrator and access the process and job
for that

and this error of wrong machine key is due to that the machine key which is in your orchestrator is different from what you hav ementioned here in the robot tray
kindly check that once in your machine tab in orchestrator and mention the same here in the robot tray

Cheers @Akanksha_Varshney

Hey @Palaniyappan,

Thanks for the response!

Thanks for this info - had never tried this aspect earlier so good to know!
I have one minor query regarding this:
For the new user whom I have assigned Admin role, what all are the prerequisites before he can start running the processes that the original user created?
The new user is a fresh user with no prior knowledge/installation of UiPath.
Also, since the process is tied to my local machine, will the new user be able to run the workflow on his machine? Even when my machine is offline?
(Didn’t find any relevant docs answering these questions but let me know if something similar exists.)

The error is thrown when machine key is copied from the Machines tab in the orchestrator and pasted in Orchestrator settings
PS: The keys are different now from the original post because I deleted the earlier machine and created a new one, as displayed in the screenshot above

Thank you very much!

1 Like

if the user is given with the admin role then he would be able to access all the things that he or she is given permission with
for that we can check the accessibility in ROLE tab in USERs option in orchestrator and there we can find the permissions that are granted to that ROLE in specific
and

yah they can run the process in orchestrator if they are given access as a user to your orchestrator and can run the job

and finally for this
the machine names are different see

kindly mention the same name that we have in the robot tray

Hey @Palaniyappan,

Thanks for the clarifications - will get the processes running using the new user and get back in case of questions.

For the invalid key error, the whole time I was looking at the machine key and never on Machine’s name - mostly because the error pointed to Machine Key and not its name!
Nevertheless, I updated the machine’s name as per your suggestion; sadly I still see the same error:

Hopefully am not overlooking anything this time!

Thanks again!

Hmm
Fine
Make sure these steps were done
—A machine is created in the orchestra with same name as in robot tray
—a robot is created with that machine
—that robot is provisioned to a environment by creating a environment under robot tab - environment tab
—once after provisioning the robot to a environment then copy the machine key from the mAchine tab and paste that in the robot tray and try connecting

Hey @Palaniyappan,

Looks like a more specific Orchestrator URL is what the settings were looking for.
Putting the URL as displayed in the screenshot worked for the new user;

Though for the old user, just “https://platform.uipath.com/” also works perfectly fine!

Takeaways:

1. The Orchestrator Settings window is not accurate when displaying errors; for anything wrong, it just says that the Machine Key is invalid.
  2. The Orchestrator URL works fine in two different formats - for different users.
    Is it just because the old user was created before introducing the change requiring full address?
    Basing second point on the following from this post:

"Have maybe created robot in Orchestrator already and connected it to machine?
Please also try to write full address including you account name and service name like:
** **https://platform.uipath.com/<account name>/<service name>** **
Edit:
Please also tell me when have you created this orchestrator tenant?"

@loginerror @Pablito - tagging in case it looks like a product feedback

It’s partially right. For some users both form of address will work. Depends how long ago tenant was made. Anyway soon only this new form https://platform.uipath.com/<account name>/<service name> will work, that’s why we are pointing that this should be used eventually.

1 Like

Sounds right to me; thanks @Pablito!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.