Is it possible to automate knime workflow using UIPath

Hi,
I would like to ask a question. Does anyone have experience regarding automate knime workflow using uipath? It would be great if you could share your knowledge regarding that.
I am providing a little hint. I have created knime workflow to prepare a report. Currently, I am handling this workflow manually such as open knime, reset the node and execute. And doing this task everyday. So i am planning to automate this task.

Regards,
Ekram

hava a look on the rest api as an option to check for an integration:

Thank you for your suggestion. But i think Rest API is under the knime server. And Knime server is paid software. That’s why I cannot automate the workflow through Knime. And I have licensed UI Path. So it is better for me if i can automate using uipath.

Hi @Ekram,

I have not tried automating Knime, but it should be possible as Knime application is just like any other Windows application. You will find the required selectors and base on your process, you can make custom sequences to automate a Knime workflow.

Hi Jeevith,
It is possible. But for this I need to use knime server which is paid. That’s why I am looking for other solution. As far as I understand by communicating with different forum, it could be possible using Windows Task Scheduler and Batch file. But I am not familiar with batch file. How does it look like and how could I create batch file for knime?

Regards,
Ekram

have a look here

Thanks @ppr. I will have a look.

Hi @Ekram,

That is not correct. You do not need knime server to run your workflow locally. I suggest a GUI automation approach since you want to run your local workflow.

An example

• Open Knime,
  • Handle modal pop-up,
  • Open a new workflow.

Here is a sample file : KnimeAutomation.xaml (8.7 KB)

thank you. I will try this.

You can also you the same start process activity with the following command

Yourpath\knime.exe -consoleLog -noexit -reset -nosplash “–launcher.suppressErrors” -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=”C:\Yourworkflowdirectory”

1 Like

Hi @Ekram, have you found the answers you were looking for? I also work with both UiPath and KNIME, and I’m reaching the point when UiPath robot would need to go to KNIME.
Best regards,
Kaz

Hi Jeevith, i tried in the Start Process activity with “C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe -consoleLog -noexit -reset -nosplash “–launcher.suppressErrors” -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=”C:\Users\z004800s\knime-workspace\KNIME_plan price””, but it’s not working as attached.
Any suggestion? thanks