Is it possible for Uipath to detect differences to execute a specific activity/function?

Currently, i am trying to use Uipath to help automate financial statements in a word document. Below are some examples of the tables i have in my word documents:

2020 2019
$ $
Sales 10 20
Other income 40 60
Other services 10 20
Service fees 10 12
70 112
On Demand Less Than Yr More Than Yr Total
$ $ $ $
Payable 10 10 10 30
Other Payable 9 8 12 29
Amt Due 10 12 8 30
29 30 30 89
Payable 8 7 6 21
Amt Due 7 12 12 31
15 19 18 52

I am trying to basically automate the shifting of the 2020 data backwards and replace the 2019 data, and leave the 2020 column blank.

However, as you can see above the tables are in a different format for example the first table, you need to shift by column, shift the 2020 data to the right however for the 2nd table you have to shift by rows, shift 2020 data downwards to replace the 2019 data. Because the tables are different, it requires a different script/functions to shift by columns or rows.

I am currently using the macro function in word to automate the shifting then using Uipath to execute the macro, sending a hotkey to execute the macro in the word document.

So, as i have many different set of word documents/file all with slightly different format as well as number of tables and that the macro function is very limited/fixed, my question is that is there anyway where Uipath can loop through all the tables in the word document and if the table requires to shift by columns, it will execute a specific macro to shift by columns and if the table requires to shift by row, it will execute another macro to shift by rows instead?

Hello @TobyBoy!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff