InvokingWorkflowIssue

Are you reading the config excel file in your main workflow? Can you share that part of the file so we an see why its not reading it? Looks like its not getting generated properly…

1 Like

will give you bro, just a min
@Lahiru.Fernando

2 Likes

Sure :slight_smile:

@Lahiru.Fernando

Fantastic so there’s this with in_Parth check with the excel file
I hope that could be the issue
Cheers

alright… now bro, on the left side, can you hover the mouse on top of the config, it will then show a magnifier kind of icon. click on it to expand the results you see in the Config. Then can you send me a screenshot of that?

Now I understand the issue bro.
If I use this write state in the state machine where I have invoked the InitSetting workflow it’s writing the path. but when use in the 2nd state machine it’s throw me this error I attached already. I already created the Config is a Global Variable.

@Palaniyappan @Lahiru.Fernando see bro. it’s reading the file

So did that global variable config is passed as a IN ARGUMENT to this workflow

2 Likes

yes bro see

1 Like

That’s weird… :thinking:

It looks fine to me… any idea @Palaniyappan bro?

2 Likes

Even I don’t understand it bro. If it’s reading in first state machine then why not in 2nd state machine workflow. please help.
@Palaniyappan

Hold on… you have this invoke acifivty… where do you have those write line activities you shared earlier? Inside the invoked workflow or in the main workflow?

2 Likes

Main only bro

2 Likes

Aaaah
Alright fine no worries
In first state machine how is this passed
Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

see bro this is my first state machine

for testing purpose I given and it’s writing

But when I used in 2nd it’s show me the error earlier attached images

2 Likes

So your 2nd image looks fine here… and the 3rd is the same as 2nd. So this is in init state. Where do you have the second state?

1 Like

How does it passed to the second state to the point it doesnt work is the question now… can you share some screenshots of the flow

1 Like

Fine
last two images among the three looks same, kindy attach the one in the second state
but still i wonder on this
I m sure we are near to the solution but unable to spot it
and i think the issue must be with the argument passed to the workflow…because
–config is a dictionary defined globally in the main xaml
–that variable is used in the main and we need to check how this is passed as arguments to the other xamls as values…
–one main thing is we need pass this config as a value to a argument with IN direction and only that argument name should be used inside those workflows to access the value of config
i.e., from the main if we use a invoke workflow and trying to pass the value from main to a invoked workflow with edit arguments like this
in_path -----IN------Config(“Path”).ToString
where inside the invoked workflow we need to use only in_path to access the values of Config(“Path”) and dont try to use Config(“Path”) as we wont be able to access its value though declared as global variable as we have another argument in_path with that value

Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

Exactly… that’s the same point which I’m also trying check… it should be the argument which he is using to pass it to the second state. Should be really close… :slight_smile:

2 Likes