Invoke Workflow File activity is broken in the 2022.10 release

We use the Invoke Workflow File activity in a For Each Row activity to run our test suite.

The path for the Invoke Workflow File contains variables which means we can dynamically invoke a workflow file using the variables.

But the Invoke Workflow File activity doesn’t work in the Windows project version with variables and returns the following error when a run is started:

The above error comes from the following dummy project:

Variables for this project as follows:

Hi,

Unfortunately, dynamic filename of InvokeWorkflowFile activity is not supported in Windows compatibility project as the following document.

Please use Windows-Legacy project until it supports.

Regards,

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

Will keep an eye on updates for this.

There will be no updates :slight_smile: Dynamic filenames it’s not possible when compilation is needed.

Why do you need these dynamic paths?

We have our test cases as workflows, so we can run the test cases via a .csv file.
Its just a lot easier for us to edit the .csv to ‘turn off’ and ‘turn on’ tests where necessary.
Also it means we can have all the automated tests in one project and make multiple publications for the test types, e.g. Smoke Tests or E2E tests.
Hopefully that answers your question.
I have also seen that some other people have UiPath setup the same.

1 Like

Hi, Is this issue fixed? I am trying to invoke a workflow (Flowchart ) in my reframework, but the following error is observed.

ps: the name of the workflow is not dynamic

Hi all, any update on this or any workaround?
I have been using dynamic paths for invoke workflow file activity, cause there are a few hundred workflows with the same name format (eg. extract_data_{{template_code}}.xaml). It would be a painful process to use switch activity.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like this will be fixed anytime soon.
I think using a Switch will be the best workaround. If I can find another way I’ll send through an update.

Hi, any update regarding this question?
I can’t see a viable solution without using variable paths with an operation for hundreds of robots.

This will be available in 23.6 community and in 23.10 enterprise

2 Likes

Really. Right now, there are a lot of small component flows, and there are hundreds of branching control logics in two layers of Switch activities. It’s a Jurassic Park-like implementation…if i can use variables, the logic is very clean.I’m really looking forward to it.

Today, after upgrading Studio to 23.6, I set a variable in the Workflow file name field and confirmed it worked. It is great.

fig2
CPL-TEST-019_InvokeFlow.zip (159.4 KB)

1 Like