- Open two workbooks (in example, newly created files; refer to them as wb1, wb2).
- Try to invoke VBA macro from .vbs file (may be just an empty sub) within excel scope of wb1.
- Invoke fails with an error “Cannot run the macro ‘Main’. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.”
Error does not appear (i.e. Invoke succeeds) in the following scenarios:
- we open only one workbook
- in step 2 excel scope of wb2 is used.
When running invoke VBA from step 2, .vbs module is copied to workbook 1. Then I guess, activity tries to call the macro within the latest opened workbook (wb2) and certainly fails.
Steps to reproduce:
Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2019.4.2 Community Edition
Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\Version = 4.7.02556
BugInvokeMacro.zip (2.2 KB)