I’m Andy Menon working under the banner of my tiny company RPA Vanguard. How are you all!
I’m preparing a little PoC to demonstrate how a small RPA Team can manage Guest Users on their Automation Cloud/Orchestrator Service. I have read the documentation and demo.
Sorry if this post is long, but I cannot pop a general question on managing users without proper context. I have made every attempt to reduce the context down to bullets.
I have a couple of quick questions/clarifications just to make sure that I haven’t missed anything crucial. The detail of the work done is below. Appreciate it if Orchestrator Admin Gurus can chime in and help me out on this.
Admin Work Done So Far:
- As administrator, I have Invited the Guest user to join UiPath Automation Cloud
- Assigned Personal Workspace Admin and Robot Roles to the Guest
- Created a Classic Folder named Guest_Classic & assigned the Guest to this folder
- Under the Guest Folder, created a Guest Environment so that Guests can run their automations
- Created & assigned Custom Role called Environment Manager that will allow only View/Edit Permissions so that the Guest can create an Attended Robot and Add it to the Guest Environment
Work Done by the Invited Guest So Far:
- Guest has successfully received the Invite email and logged into Orchestrator Service
- Created a Floating Robot & successfully added it to the Environment accessible at the Folder level
- Added a Process successfully to the Automations tab as shown below
As seen from the Screen shot, the Guest cannot delete or edit anything outside of the Guest folder
And this is where my questions come in
- The Guest can view the Machines in the machine tab and copy the Machine keys
- When adding Processes , the guest has access to all uploaded packages at the Tenant level
- Is this normal? Or, have I messed up someplace?