Invalid selector due to changing element id

The parentid of the UI element keeps on changing whenever the web page is refreshed, so the Process is not able to recognize it, Can anyone help me with it?

@Aishwarya_Bhargava Can you open the Selector of the UiElement using UiExplorer and Send the Screenshot of it? Also the Screenshot of the Ui Element that keeps on Changing

I am trying to click on the Dustbin icon present on the webpage, but the parent id keeps on changing when the page is refreshed

@Aishwarya_Bhargava We’ll need a more Insight on the Attributes of the Selector, Can you Open the Selector in UiExplorer so that we can see what other Attributes are present along with it. Make sure the Selector is Validated at that time.

1 Like

1 Like

just do this parentid=‘ember*’
@Aishwarya_Bhargava

I tried doing that also but it starts selecting some other icons, as all the icons have parent id having the same start (ember###) its the pattern for all the icons

@Aishwarya_Bhargava Will that Dustbin Icon be present only after you perform a certain operation and are there any other Similar Dustbin kind of Icon at that moment? Or is that the only one ?

There is only 1

@Aishwarya_Bhargava Then can you check by Selecting class and parent class attributes and keeping parentid=‘ember*’ if it works or not

It doesnt work as the same parent id pattern is used for icons like the plus sign the talent pool button and everything

@Aishwarya_Bhargava Then can you check the Selectors of other element in that Section to find any other Element that has the same parent id but also can be accessible through aaname or Id.

In this way we can get the parent id from another element and use that parent id to select the icon

Can you check the Selectors for the “Showing results for”