Internal error message when trying to configure an Insert ServiceNow Record activity

Hi,

I keep receiving an internal error message when clicking on any Configure button for ServiceNow Activities (e.g. Search ServiceNow Records activity or Insert ServiceNow Record activity, etc.) in UiPath Studio 20.10.4 with ServiceNow Activities v1.2.0 and I can’t quite put my finger on why and what is going wrong. Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

20.10.4+Branch.master.Sha.6a6cfd6dfbeb86aec47564af2f9465ef0bf43df4

An internal error has occurred. It is recommended to restart UiPath Studio.

Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at UiPath.BAF.Utilities.BackgroundWorkerUtility.<RunOnBackgroundAsync>d__1`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.BAF.Activities.Design.ViewModel.EntityListViewModelBase.<LoadEntityListAsync>d__16.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.BAF.Activities.Design.ViewModel.FieldsSelectionPageViewModel.<LoadEntityListAsync>d__110.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.BAF.Activities.Design.ViewModel.MandatoryFieldsPageViewModel.<LoadPageAsync>d__54.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2147467261

Thank you very much for your kind help! :slight_smile:

Benjamin

Hi @benjamin.kiene

Is this the only activity that causes this exception for you? Also, does it also happen when you add just these two activities (the blank scope + insert ServiceNow record activity)?

Also, could you confirm if your instance of SNOW is running?

Hi @loginerror,

Thank you for your quick reply!

It also happens when I create a new project and only add the empty Scope + the Insert ServiceNow Record activity (or Search ServiceNow Records activity). Same error.

ServiceNow instance is up and running, yes!

It also does seem to connect, because when I enter anything wrong in the credentials of the Scope it will tell me that my credentials are wrong and that it couldn’t connect.

Thank you for your help! :relieved:

Benjamin

1 Like

Thank you for further information. It is tricky to reproduce. Could you maybe share with me via a private message @loginerror a screenshot of your configuration for the Scope activity?
For passwords, please fill the properties with some dummy data :slight_smile:

Is there a solution for this issue?
I’m having similar issue but in my case the incident gets created and SYS_ID is being returned, still a nullreference, ArgumentException and an object reference Exceptions gets triggered everytime.
While testing using sample, I dont see any error and the incident gets created.

Exception Details -
[Error] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] System.ArgumentException: IDX12709: canReadToken() returned false. JWT is not well formed: '[PII is hidden]
The token needs to be in JWS or JWE compact serialization Format.
at System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt.JwtSecurityTokenHandler.ReadJwtToken(String token)
at System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt.JwtSecurityTokenHandler.ReadToken(String token)

[Error] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [21] Insert ServiceNow Record: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[Error] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [1] RemoteException wrapping System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• at UiPath.BAF.Activities.Utilities.Logger.LogMessage(CodeActivityContent content,TraceEventType traceEventType, String message)*

Any assistance on this please.

Thanks
SG.