Instead of Delay activity Shall we used in activities property Delay Before and Delay After

Instead of Delay activity Shall we used in activities property Delay Before and Delay After.If Yes then this will ask me pass int value.

Yes, you can pass Int or 1000 milliseconds.

2 Likes

Hi @Aditya10989

Regards,
Kommi Jeevan.

1 Like

As Suggested by the members - You can use the Milliseconds in delayBefore and delayAfter.

Adding to it , I would Advise you to keep the delays configurable - Reason being - when the enviroment change sfrom Dev to test to Prod , These delays time will Defer.

Below is a Screenshot from RE Framework Template on how to configure delays.

This is How we use the same in workflows

Mukesh

1 Like

thanks

Yah of curse we can use the properties DELAY BEFORE a and DELAY AFTER instead of using two delays before and after the specific activity

But why then a separate activity called DELAY came into picture though we have these two properties
Yes we have but not in all activities so in that case if we want to add delay in between then we need to use only DELAY activity

And I would suggest to avoid DELAY as much as possible and use ON ELEMENT APPEAR or ON IMAGE APPEAR activity so that the performance of the bot will increase
Because if we use delay the bot will wait until the full time mentioned in it is consumed though our application is ready to use
Where as if On element or on image appear if used the moment when any image or element appears in the screen we want the process will continue its execution so that the waiting time is reduced

Cheers @Aditya10989

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.