Installation instructions for Community Cloud Platform - Academy users

Hi everyone!
Below are the step by step instructions for installing the Community Cloud Platform:

Step 1: access https://www.uipath.com/start-trial and select ‘Try it’ under Community Cloud
Step 2: if you already have an account on the Community Cloud Platform, please login
Step 3: if you’re having trouble logging in with the credentials you are using for Academy, select ‘Sign up with an email address’
Note: In order to return to the main log-in screen, you might need to clear your cache and cookies and access https://www.uipath.com/start-trial again.
Step 4: fill-in your organization name, first name, last name, and country.
Step 5: add an email address (please note, the email address must be different than the one you are using to log in on Academy) and a password
Step 6: acknowledge the terms and conditions and press Continue.
Step 7: an email will now be sent to your inbox. Navigate to the email and select ‘Access your Account’
Step 8: If you’re having trouble signing in, use this link for direct download

7 Likes

Hello,

Is there any chance I can install StudioX on Mac OS?

Thanks,
Alexandra

Hi Alexandra!
Unfortunately it is only possible to install it using a Windows machine. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Hi all, when installing Ui Path Studio I cant seem to find the “Excel add-in”, as seen in step 8. Has anyone else got the same issue as me?

Thank you

2 Likes

Can you check if you are in the Tools tab?

Yes, I am in the tools tab

It seems like you have Studio open instead of StudioX.
Please navigate to Settings --> Licenses and Profiles --> View or Change Profile --> Chose StudioX profile

4 Likes

Ahh, it works now.

Thanks for the help (:

1 Like

Hi, I have same problem. Currently, i have Studio version installed and do i need to install StudioX version as part of Reboot training? If i use StudioX, will my previous projects that were built using Studio work on StudioX?

Hi Vasu! If you followed the steps in my initial post, you should already have both Studio and StudioX installed now and you can switch between them anytime you need (steps in my previous reply). Throughout Reboot Your Skills, you will use StudioX most of the time in the practices. StudioX projects can be imported in Studio.

Yes, it worked for me…thank you

ok - I feel like a dummy, i successfully went through the steps to install studio x on the community cloud platform, but now i’m trying to get to my instance so i can do my class work and have no idea how to find it. I do my training via the cloud … not locally. right?

Hi.
I have issue installing Excel Add-in.
Please see report log:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: powershell.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc414
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5420
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ca2b820
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001a00
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

20.4.0-beta.472

Installation failed. Please check the execution logs

Error: UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupException: Installation failed. Please check the execution logs
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.GetDriverResponse(String receivedData)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__8.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__7.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.ToolsPageViewModel.d__34.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

06:13:58.9997 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving RegistrationState.
06:13:59.1658 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:13:59.8018 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved RegistrationState value ActiveLicense.
06:13:59.8018 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handling update online operation.
06:13:59.8598 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving LicenseInfo.
06:13:59.8598 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:13:59.9088 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved LicenseInfo value RegistrationState: ActiveLicense, ActivationId: UIP-8b68657320, LicenseCode: 1360-3234-49--, LicenseModel: USER, Version: V2019, StartDate: 1587340800, EndDate: 1618963199, GracePeriod: 0, Email: , CheckInterval: 0, NextCheckDate: 1587966512, BundleCode: STD, SubscriptionCode: COM.
06:13:59.9088 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving RegistrationState.
06:13:59.9088 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:13:59.9208 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved RegistrationState value ActiveLicense.
06:13:59.9208 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving license content.
06:13:59.9208 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:00.1058 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved license content UiPath.Licensing.Library.Core.Models.LicensePayload.
06:14:10.0594 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:10.0594 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handling online update license request with current state :ActiveLicense
06:14:10.0594 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:10.0834 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:10.0974 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handling activate online operation to https://activate.uipath.com with license code 1360-3234-49--, email , licensingModelData Key = userId, Value = CornelKey = machineId, Value = CORNEL-PC.
06:14:17.1248 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:17.1508 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:17.1508 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handled update online.
06:15:02.4764 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: A. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.GetDriverResponse(String receivedData), HResult -2146233088
06:15:02.4764 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1]
An error has occurred that was not properly handled. Additional information is shown below. The Windows PowerShell process will exit.

06:15:02.5784 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Error: UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupException: Installation failed. Please check the execution logs
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.GetDriverResponse(String receivedData)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.ToolsPageViewModel.d__34.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

Hello,
I have issue with installing Excel Add-in:
It appear error:
studio.log:
06:13:58.9997 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving RegistrationState.
06:13:59.1658 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:13:59.8018 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved RegistrationState value ActiveLicense.
06:13:59.8018 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handling update online operation.
06:13:59.8598 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving LicenseInfo.
06:13:59.8598 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:13:59.9088 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved LicenseInfo value RegistrationState: ActiveLicense, ActivationId: UIP-8b68657320, LicenseCode: 1360-3234-49--, LicenseModel: USER, Version: V2019, StartDate: 1587340800, EndDate: 1618963199, GracePeriod: 0, Email: , CheckInterval: 0, NextCheckDate: 1587966512, BundleCode: STD, SubscriptionCode: COM.
06:13:59.9088 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving RegistrationState.
06:13:59.9088 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:13:59.9208 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved RegistrationState value ActiveLicense.
06:13:59.9208 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieving license content.
06:13:59.9208 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:00.1058 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Retrieved license content UiPath.Licensing.Library.Core.Models.LicensePayload.
06:14:10.0594 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handling online update license request with current state :ActiveLicense
06:14:10.0834 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:10.0974 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handling activate online operation to https://activate.uipath.com with license code 1360-3234-49--, email , licensingModelData Key = userId, Value = CornelKey = machineId, Value = CORNEL-PC.
06:14:17.1248 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:17.1508 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Current license folder path: C:\Users\Cornel\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal
06:14:17.1508 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Warn: Handled update online.
06:15:02.4764 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: A. Path ‘’, line 0, position 0.
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.GetDriverResponse(String receivedData), HResult -2146233088
06:15:02.4764 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1]
An error has occurred that was not properly handled. Additional information is shown below. The Windows PowerShell process will exit.

06:15:02.5784 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Error: UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupException: Installation failed. Please check the execution logs

20.4.0-beta.472

Installation failed. Please check the execution logs

Error: UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupException: Installation failed. Please check the execution logs

I have Studio X installed and am going through the first robot creation practice exercise. When I get to the point where I indicate the field be used in excel, Studio X closes. Do you know why? Does this have to do with not having the compatible Microsoft Office in my computer?

Issue with installing Excel Add-In. Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Any solution to fix this issue? Thank you.

1 Like

Issue with Excel addin , I can’t see anything in settings tab as suggested in above comments .Please advise. Already have studio installed not studio X.

Hi There,

I have the same problem I cant see the excel add-in in the tools section, Can someone help.

Another matter is that though I downloaded the 2019 .10.4 Community license is this what everyone got to download or was it the community 20.4 ???

Please help me.

Am having the same problem here,the system can not find the file speicified.

How can I proceed with the course if I own a mac?