Install the run bots in citrix environment

most of our applications where the bots are interacting, are installed in citrix environment using old windows versions and IE (<9)
to avoid screen scraping (OCR), we are evaluating to install the bots in the citrix environment, in the same farm where all the client applications are installed.
Anyone has recommendations or tried this solution?
if the bot and the application running both in citrix, in this case:
Will the bot has direct access to the elements of the application, and not deal with it as an image (NO OCR is needed)?

Hi Sawsan,

You’re absolutely right that installing and running the bot in the Citrix environment where the applications reside will allow the robot to access the selectors of the application, and will let you avoid using OCR/ image recognition (as long as your app has good selectors available). You might want to check this requirements page (and the neighboring hardware requirements page) to make sure your Citrix environment will be able to run the bot smoothly.

Best,

Evan

1 Like

Hi Evan,

Thank you very much.

I have a follow-up of my question, what about installing the Orchestrator machines in Citrix environment?
Are there any constraints?
so we want all our (robots + orchestrator) inside Cirtix, and (MSSQL+ElasticSearch) outside

What do you think?

Hi Sawsan,

If your Orchestrator can still connect to the SQL/ElasticSearch DBs, your Citrix instance is persistent, and you meet the other prerequisites in the below document, it sounds like you should be fine.

Best,

Evan

What do you mean? is there any information will be saved locally in the Orchestrator machine?

because every-night our citrix environment is Cleaned-up and remove all the saved locally files, settings and configurations.

Hi Sawsan,

So the data for Orchestrator itself is stored in the databases, but my only concern would be if any of the Orchestrator installation was “blown away” as part of the nightly clean-up. If this isn’t the case, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Best,

Evan

1 Like