Insights Installation fails after initialization
Insights installation fails shortly after initialization.
There are a few things that could potentially cause this, however, the most common would be special characters in a password that is used.
- After the failure occurs, go to %temp% in a file explorer and look for the file: InsightsInstallerExecuter.log
- Open the file and see where the failure occurred. See if any error like the
- SetupEmailServerCommand|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- CheckMandatoryParametersCommand|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Any error with 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' in this file, usually means that a special character in the input for the installer caused a failure.
- Check any passwords for '\', '/' or double quotes. Any of these characters could cause an issue. The error message may give a hint of where the failure occurred. For example 'SetupEmailServerCommand' means the error was with the SMTP mail password.
- If the special character exists in a password, try changing the password to not include that character.