While installing the Insights, it throws a repo issue with Microsoft. Error: Unknown repo: '*microsoft*'
Error: Error: Unknown repo: '*Microsoft*'
- Do the curl from the Linux machine to the Microsoft site by using this curl
- Curl -vk https://www.microsoft.com
- Check if it is possible to get the response. If not then reach out to the network team to access the Microsoft site in this Linux machine, that means the Microsoft site is not resolvable in the Linux server.
- If it is possible to make the curl request, then execute this comment sudo yum update -y --enablerepo='*microsoft*'
- If still having the same issue, then install the Microsoft package manually by using this comment
For more details, refer to this link Linux Package Repository For Microsoft Software - Enterprise Linux (RHEL and variants) .