Insights Build fails with: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
Issue DescriptionInsights Build fails with "The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters."
Windows has in build limits on how long a directory can be. When using the default build path for insights, that limit can sometimes be reached (although its rare).
- One work around for this is to try to rebuild the cube with a 'Replace All'
- Login to Orchestrator (so that the browser is authenticated)
- Go to https://<Insights URL>/app/data
- Select the cube in the displayed screen.
- On the cube data page to the right, select 'build'
- One build option is 'Replace All', select that option and build the cube.
- If the build still fails, the cube can be moved.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu and type in “Sisense Server Console”
Select the “Sisense Server Console”
In the Console window, select the gear icon.
This will open the “Edit Server Preferences” window. From here select “Browse” and make the changes desired.
- Post the modification, the cube will need to be rebuilt using the Insights Admin Tool.
- See https://docs.uipath.com/installation-and-upgrade/docs/insights-admin-tool#enable--disable-insights-for-tenants