Inputting dynamic parameters in a custom connector for Integration Service

I have built a custom connector for the Xero API using Postman and after connecting I can make requests. The issue is that some requests require headers or body content, which is fine to do in the connector builder by hardcoding the values in the parameter tab. However, in Studio I am unable to set the values for these parameters and so I can only make requests that don’t require any custom parameters. Even leaving the values hardcoded in the connector builder doesn’t work when making the call from Studio.

Is there a way to set these values from Studio?

Hi @Publoz20

May I know what issue are you facing or the error that you are getting.

Ideally we should be able to set the parameters and pass variables to them to make the bpdy dynamic

Cheers

Capture1

I can’t see any options in Studio to pass that parameter into the activity

I.e how does one set this value dynamically from Studio?

Hi @Publoz20

I hope you are trying to use http request to send the requests…in the properties you will see option called parameters which can be given and used in your body …those parameters can be linked to variables in your flow

Please check the configuration part in this doc to know about parameters in body

If ypu can send the flow screenshots that would help understand your issue

Cheers

Hi Anil

I know how to use HTTP Requests to do API calls but I want to use UIPath’s Integration Service to make the process more efficient. Is there a way to input parameters into my List All Records activity?

Hi @Publoz20 ,

I have exact the same issue. If I use the request in the custom connector I got a JSON output. But when I try to connect the Custom Connector in a activity in Studio I got the error message that the requirred parameter is missing. I know which one it is, but i have trouble to define the parameter so the custom connector still gives the JSON output.

Kind regards,
Aron

Did you find any solution to that? I am facing the same issue - have to provide a extra header parameter, which works well in Connection Builder in Integration Service. It is also requested in the Studio activity, but still is obviously not sent in the request as I get back the error that the parameter is not supplied…