Recently I faced these Interview questions. Please reply if you know the answers::
1.An unattended process should fetch the weather of the city which we give as the input. what are the ways to give inputs from Orchestrator everytime? (apart from Config file and assets)
2. You want to drag and drop a file in a page through automation. But there is no upload button or any other kind of button for that. how will you do it?
- An unattended process should fetch the weather of the city which we give as the input. What are the ways to give inputs from Orchestrator every time? (apart from Config file and assets)
Answer: Apart from using the Config file and assets, you can provide inputs from Orchestrator to an unattended process using the following methods:
- Queue Items: You can create a queue in Orchestrator and add items to the queue with the city names as input data. The unattended robot can then fetch the queue items one by one and process the weather for each city.
- Input Arguments: When triggering the unattended process from Orchestrator, you can provide input arguments that include the city names. These arguments can be accessed within the process and used to fetch the weather information.
- Web Services: You can create a custom web service that receives the city name as input and returns the weather information. The unattended robot can then call this web service to get the weather details.
- Orchestrator Assets with Queues: You can create an Orchestrator asset that contains a list of city names, and then use a queue item to fetch the list of cities. The unattended robot can process the cities one by one.
- You want to drag and drop a file on a page through automation. But there is no upload button or any other kind of button for that. How will you do it?
Answer: When there is no direct upload button available, you can use the following approach to simulate drag and drop through automation:
- Use Click and Hold: Use the “Click” activity to click and hold on the file or item that needs to be dragged. You can specify a target element, a specific coordinate, or an anchor to click on.
- Use Hover and Drop: While holding the click, use the “Hover” activity to move the mouse to the location where the file needs to be dropped.
- Use Click and Release: Once the mouse is at the drop location, use another “Click” activity to release the mouse click. This will simulate the drag and drop action.
Hello @rodrigo.simao Thanks for the detailed answers.
I think input arguments would be the right choice as per the requirements given. I hope the city names can be passed through input arguments while running the process not by defining the arguments in Studio.
Glad I could help you!! Make sure to mark it as the solution so the topic gets closed.
Hello @pravallikapaluri Thank you so much. Appreciate your elaborate answers.
I am gonna try passing city names thru input arguments from Orchestrator dynamically. Thank you.
@rodrigo.simao Sure, thank you.
Welcome. If you find the solution mark it as solution
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.