Initial question on Studio X - how to access websites in Chrome

I’m trying (and failing…) to use StudioX to simply open a Chrome session and go to a web site. I’ve only just taken Community version of SX but I can’t see where the problem is

I’ve dragged an Application Card into the working area, and then chose a “Type Into” action to go underneath it.
I click on “Indicate target” and then select the address bar of Chrome (open in the background)
I then click on the + sign to add the web address (eg just www.bbc.co.uk)
When I click save and then “Run”, all that happens is a new Chrome window opens behind an already opened window

Is it because when I try to click on the address bar, it simply highlights the whole browser window; ideally I would have liked it to simply highlight the address input box

Any ideas welcome
thanks

Hi welcome to the community!
I would recommend that you do at least the tutorials before getting your hands dirty, and preferable the academy too as they will greatly easy your start with StudioX…

https://academy.uipath.com/lms/index.php?r=curricula/show
But this issue looks like you dont have the chrome extension working…

1 Like

Have you installed the chrome extension from Tools ?
You could try to use IE instead of chrome, since you dont need extension for IE.

hi, the chrome extension was installed - it wouldn’t let me “Run” the process without it, and I can see it within the chrome://extensions/
In terms of IE, I thought that support of this was discontinued so I no longer have this browser
thanks for your speedy response though - much appreciated with anything that I can try next
many thanks

can you share the exact link so we can try it also ?

hello - which link please?
thanks

hi -it’s ok, I’ve now run it and it works after rebooting the PC - thanks for your help