Indication in Excel does not work

Hi,
I’m starting the Reboot Your Skills, our 4-week introductory RPA learning program! And right the very first try of automation failed. It’s the unicorn exercise. For entering the name in the browser Excel is used. In the “type this” I choose Excel/indicate in Excel. Then the correct Excel sheets opens, I choose the correct cell in Excel and click the confirm button in Excel, but the link is not transferred to StudioX.
Any idea what’s wrong?
I use StudioX 2020 4.0-beta.718. The Excel-Add-in was installed successfully
Thank you very much
Sophie

Hello Sophie,
Can you please provide us some additional information as such :

• OS and Office version

• The logs :slight_smile: They are found in %localappdata%/UiPath/Logs. They would be most useful in the debugging effort

Regards,
Dragos.

At this time in the type this you should see the cell address that you selected, wright?

Hello Dragos,

I use Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1903, 64-Bit
Office 365 ProPlus

I’ve found the log files. Do you need all? There are
2020-04-27_Studio
2020-04-28_Studio
2020-04-29_Studio

2020-04-27_Analyzer_Studio
2020-04-28_Analyzer_Studio
2020-04-29_Analyzer_Studio

2020-04-27_ExcelAddIn_Install
2020-04-29_ExcelAddIn_Install

2020-04-28_DbServer_Studio
2020-04-29_DbServer_Studio

UiPath.ExcelAddIn

I have to convert the log-files into txt for uploading them.

Thanks
Sophie

Hello Horia,
I see this, s. Attachement. I click the confirm button (marked) but nothing ever happens.
Thank you
Sophie!
unicorn_error|611x286

Studio and Excel Addin logs should do it. Please attach them so we can investigate further.

Hello Horia,

it’s really strange. I get this message:

Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.

Is there any possibility to send you the log-files?

Regards
Sophie

Hi @s.eckart

Please refresh our Forum and try again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally the logs :slight_smile:

2020-04-27_ExcelAddIn_Install.txt (13.8 KB) 2020-04-27_Studio.txt (189.9 KB) 2020-04-28_Studio.txt (58.5 KB) 2020-04-29_ExcelAddIn_Install.txt (6.5 KB) 2020-04-29_Studio.txt (36.4 KB) 2020-04-30_Studio.txt (16.7 KB)

2 Likes

thank you! a bug was raised and will investigate.

as a workaround you can use Custom Input from the + menu or name each cell/range/table in the excel and you will see all named object on the + menu under appropiate sheet

1 Like

These are all the logs ? I’m asking because the ExcelAddin is making it’s own log when you are using it. Here’s an example 2020-04-30_UiPath.ExcelAddIn.log.

Regards,
Dragos.

Sorry, I missed the most important.

UiPath.ExcelAddIn.txt (12.3 KB)

Thank you :slight_smile: Btw I noticed that you are using an excel file which is stored in OneDrive. Can you please try the following:

1. Create a new project
  2. Add an excel application card
  3. In the excel application card click on the plus sign and use indicate in excel
  4. When Excel opens just select the first cell and click on the Confirm button

What I’m trying to determine is weather the ExcelPlugin is affected in anyway by the One Drive :slight_smile:
Regards,
Dragos.

1 Like

Hello Dragos,

I followed your list. Attached you find the screen.

two days ago I tried the unicorn exercise with the Excel file stored on the desktop with the same result.

Thank you
Sophie

I have a fellow employee who had exact same problem. She has a laptop and a 2nd screen. She kept trying to select the field on the 2nd screen and uipath would not recognize it. She then moved both her uipath and the chrome screen to view directly on her laptop screen and it worked.

Hi Ed,
that is a good idea which I immedatelly tried. Unfortunatelly I failed again. two days ago I were working with two screens with according to settings in the display. But yesterday and today I was/am working Laptop-only and I’m failing.

Thank you
Sophie

Hello Ed , just to make things clear your colleague was trying to select something in browser ?

after letting rest this over the weekend I had the idea to check where I saved the whole project. And lo and behold, as soon as I have created a new project under c: instead of udrive, I can assign the cell.
Problem is solved.
Thank you very much, Ed
Sophie

1 Like

Hello,

Glad it worked out, but I do think we have an issue over here. So just to clarify the issue by udrive you mean OneDrive ?

Regards,
Dragos.

Hello Dragos,
oh sorry. uDrive is my personal folder on OneDrive.
Regards
Sophie