In.Config vs Config in Advanced Training Assignment 1

When I invoke the Login for Acme in InitAllApplications.Xaml, we need to use “In.Config(“System1_URL”).ToString” when we import the arguments.

However, when I invoke the Login for Acme in “If first run - read Config file”, we need to use “Config(“System1_URL”).ToString” when we import the arguments.

Why? What is the difference?

It’s the same, try to look at your arguments and variables name. in_Config is an ‘in’ argument while Config is a variable both with the same datatype.

1 Like

Hi @jlev11 ,
as @Seungwan says In_Config is an input argument that can be used where the Config variable isn’t present.

1 Like

@jlev11 both the above points are correct.

Config = Variable
in_Config = Argument

“Config” was made in the Main.xaml file. Any other workflows(different .xaml files i.e. InitAllApplications, System1_Login, etc.) cannot use this variable since they have no access to it. In order for other workflows (invoked workflows) within the same ReFramework to have access to the value of the variables you’ll need to pass it using an argument, in this case it’s “in_Config”.

Sample: in_Config = Config. ← What this does is pass the values of variable Config to the argument in_Config in order for it to be used by the other workflows that has the argument in_Config.

To put it simply:

• All variables are for single workflow use only. If you need to use the values of the variable in a different/invoked workflow then you’ll have to pass its value using an argument.
1 Like