What is the use case
One challenge is collaborating with RPA consultants and associates who do not follow high standards in approaching in-code documentation. So, as a result, knowledge transfer and post-development comments are more time-consuming and prone to mistakes.
How do you see a solution for the use case?
— Provide a guide for inexperienced programmers that outlines a good approach to high documentation standards and stylization when developing workflows and modules. This includes things like,
- consistent process and module in-code documentation across RPA infrastructures
- pinning annotation at the start that organizes a description of the process or module and variables/arguments being utilized
- “coding your documentation” by renaming sequences and activities to include both activity name and purpose DURING the development phase
- annotating the WHY for certain sections of the process that should be explained
- annotating the purpose for each variable and argument, and providing examples if needed on how to use the argument
— Provide a Templates or Examples of good annotation styles
- RPA Documentation