Image Exists in Citrix

citrix

Hey there,

I’m doing a small automation of citrix, and I’m wondering if I have to activate the citrix window, before using Image exists activity , or can I assign a selector or UI element only in the image exists activity and it will search for the image only in the citrix window. I’ve tried that and it still search for the image in the main window (desktop). Thanks in advance for any help !

Regards,

Hi @razor34,

You may try to do the following examples:

First strategy:

1. Attach Citrix window with the Attach Window activity, it will set the focus to the Citrix window
  2. Inside this activity, try to use the Image Exists activity

You may also use a Do while activity to check if the image exists and only proceed to next step once the image is found. I use it on a daily basis and I have attached an example.

Main.xaml (8.8 KB)

Second strategy:

1. Attach Citrix window with the Attach Window activity, it will set the focus to the Citrix window
  2. Inside the Attach Window activity use Pick and Pick Branch activities according to the screenshot below:

Best practice for Pick activity.?
Image recognition having different colour
Can we select Success and Failure on basis of Screen Colour

Hi @razor34,

For Citrix Automation / Image Based Automation, you definitely need to screen in the foreground. You need to attach the window of Citrix (If you do the steps using Citrix Recording, it will be done automatically)
Citrix environment do not expose logical elements that make up the user interface, hence we use image reorganization method.

Check out this tutorial to understand the concept and then you can build your workflow comfortably,

This will help.

Regards,
V

Thank you for the advices, It’s really helpful. Unfortunately I’m facing another issue selecting the images on Citrix. So I have a couple of click activities as well as Send Hotkyes etc. to make it more efficient. Everything worked great, until after some time, even if the citrix window is attached, the click activities and other related to citrix doesn’t work as it appears that the citrix window isn’t activated at all. I’m wondering why is this happening right now, but worked perfectly fine a couple of hours ago. I’ve checked the selectors for attach window, but it hasn’t changed. Even when I record stuff to click images inside citrix, it doesn’t work. Have any of you guys encountered a similar problem ?