Image based Automation: How the captured image works

As part of image based automation, I have created a click image activity step in a specific local machine.

What are all the possible ways for the activity to get failed(Failures only because of the image) when executed in any other machine?

1 Like

For Image Activation to work,
The first condition would be the window will be at the fore front. I mean the image should be visible and matching.

And the screen resolution would be same in both the cases. This is also one reason the click Image may fail. (In the latest versions, it won’t be a problem even the resolution is different)

Other than these, there won’t be any failures.

I suggest you to use first Image Exists Activity, once the Image is found, then go ahead with the Click Image.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

1 Like

Thansk for the reply.

In my scenarion, I am trying to execute the same click image activity in two differetn machines.
The image captured in one machine is not working in another machine. I maintained the same resolution as well. One monitor is 15 inch other is 24 inch. Not able to understand what is going wrong. I set the image accuracy to 0.5 as well

1 Like

Ideally, it has to work.
Try to debug and see where it is going wrong. So you will get to know more details.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

1 Like

Its showing “Image not found”.

Ima using 2018.4

1 Like