Im trying to create a new excel and write into it but it is giving me an error

The error is this is there any possible reason why Im getting this error

Hi @Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Use kill process before your excel activities calling the process name as “excel”

Regards

1 Like

Thanks, will try and let you know

It didnt work. Same error

Are you using opening the same excel file with another use excel activity before that activity?

1 Like

No, I have passed certain value so that creates a new one and writes data into it

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

It looks like a path issue…is it a shared drive?

If. Yes can you copy the path in error and check if the folders are opening…

Instead of creating on shared drive you can create on local and then use move file as well

Cheers

Its on local device

what is ur now.tostring format?
it seems it is taking hour+minute?

Can u try combing ur path outside the “Excel file” parameter and pass it as a variable?

@kali

This is my folder path.
MicrosoftTeams-image (49)
This is my file path
MicrosoftTeams-image (50)
This is my New Excel name where Im going to write the data

@Bhushan_Nagaonkar

Few corrwctions

1. Please use path.combine like this…as few characters like t and D are part of time string and they have a different meaning when used …so please avoid having any other string in tostring of Now

folderPath = Path.Combine(Environment.CurrentDirectory,"GetDrlOutput"+Now.ToString("ddMMyy_hms"))…I guess colon is not supported in file or folder path.so I removed it…you can check and include if supports

1. You do not need a create file…please use create folder to create the required folder…and pass the above path…
  2. In use excel you already have create if not exists…so that would takecare of creation…pass as below Path.Combine(folderpath,"DrL output api response.xlsx") …you have to provide extension as well

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks, for your response

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.