If I use the “Use Excel File” resource it opens the correct Excel File, but the “Get Text” action doesn’t work

Hi all,
If I use the “Use Excel File” resource it opens the correct Excel File, but the “Get Text” action doesn’t work. Therefore I used the “Use Application” resource instead, but I have to insert some unnecessary “Click” actions.
Is there an option to open directly the Excel file I want in the “Use Application” resource, i.e. with “Application Arguments” option?
If yes, where can I lookup the Syntax?
Thanks in advance.
kind regards,
Francesco

Hi Francesco,

I think this may have to do with the order that the activities are added and how they are nested inside each other…

For example, if the Use Application/Browser resource is added first, and then Use Excel file, the Type into or Get text activities should then work for the DoubleUI application.

Something that helps me is the outline colors used in the UiPath editor tells which application the activity is for. For example, orange indicates the Application/Browser resource, and green indicates Excel, and blue indicates Outlook… So when you add an activity like Get text, that activity is orange because it is specific to the Application/Browser resource (I hope that makes sense).

2 Likes

Hi Ann,
yes this makes sense, thank you!