IE selector not working and UI Explorer empty when opened for the element

A process I built to work on a website using IE was completed and successfully running. The website went through an update which I adjusted the automated solution to fit. Since then, small updates to improve functionality are being implemented which the solution is adjusted to fit. Initially the new solution was working but suddenly, the selectors for the elements are not identifying them at all - returning this error: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

In the properties section, the selector is displayed (but not returning a validated result). This is an example of one of the selectors: . This selector worked previously

When I open the UI Explorer for this exact element, which has returned the above selector, the entire UI Explorer is empty. This is the case for all of the elements on the website. Has anybody encountered this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is it possible to share that particular website so that we can have a look?

Afraid not! Its an private internal website which I can’t share online.

I’m afraid I offer no help to your problem, but I do have the same issue of an empty UI Explorer (using IE to select the elements to be used later in Chrome (a whole different issue not to be discussed here)).

Here are some scenarios of my Ui Explorer behaviour:
(1) I create a Test Bench for the Element Exists activity and select something in IE: no issues with UI Explorer.

(2) I create a Test Bench for the Element Exists activity and select someting in Chrome: no issues with Ui Explorer.

(3) I create a Test Bench for the Attach Browser activity for IE and then add an Element Exists activity inside it selecting a button for IE: no issues with Ui Explorer.

(4) I create a Test Bench for the Attach Browser activity for Chrome and then add an Element Exists activity inside it selecting a button for IE: Empty Ui Explorer. It does return a valid selector and in fact does highlight the correct element in Chrome.

If I recall correctly the issue started for me when I started using UIAutomation v20.4.1 [UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities v20.4.1].
The thing is, though, scenario (4) does not happen 100% of the time. Sometimes it just works fine. Or it works again after a certain amount of time. Or it works after a reboot of UiPath Studio. Or it works after a reboot of my pc. Or is just remains a lost cause. I didn’t find what the issues have in common.

If I revert back to v19.11.3 it all works fine, however most of my activities become “Missing or Invalid”, so that’s a no go, unfortunately…