IE Issue after upgrading to 18.3

Hi, currently my version is Community 2018.3.0 and I am facing image|550x211 Capture
this issue.

Is it possible if i downgrade my version to 2018.2.4?

My colleague using this version and he’s not facing the same issue as me but i do.

1 Like

I’m facing the same problems.

What OS do you use ?

also, did any of you use the 18.3 Beta version before ?

win 10

I’ve just updated to 18.3

Could you please provide all the information from below. It will really help a lot to solve the issue for everybody :slight_smile:

1. How did you update to 18.3? Is a fresh install or is it an automatic upgrade from what version?
  • Did you use any Beta version of 18.3 before? If yes and issue might be caused by package incompatibility then:
    1.Log off first to make sure none of the .dlls are loaded/in use.
    2.Download the NuGet command line tool from here: https://dist.nuget.org/win-x86-commandline/latest/nuget.exe
    3.Open a command prompt and cd to the directory where nuget.exe was downloaded.
    4.Clear nuget cache with this command: “nuget locals all -clear”
  1. Can you clean temp folders and .nuget folder and restart studio? %localappdata%/temp ; c:\users\YOURUSER.nuget

2. Do you encounter this problem with any other workflow or only this specific one?

3. Can you send us the whole project or project.json?

4. Fresh Studio logs from %localappdata%\uipath\logs

Hi

I got the same problem. I reinstalled browser extension and it works again.

1 Like

ok, lets be more clear guys when reporting this issue : is it Internet Explorer or Chrome?

Mine was Chrome and Firefox. IE I did not test. But I just reinstalled browser extension from UiPath 2018.3 console and that corrected the problem.

1.It auto- upgrade to 2018.3.0
The loading screen and Description under Help panel show “2018.3.0”.
And I did use any beta version before.

2.I cleared “.nuget” folder and didn’t help.

3.I encounter the problem of using “Chrome” Browser.
can’t select elements or tables in Chrome. They work fine before update.

4.5 where can i send the logs?

Thank you trying out different solutions. You can provide the logs to @Gabriel_Tatu and hopefully the issue can be resolved

for Chrome and Firefox extensions, you need to reinstall them after upgrade. maybe we should make this info more visible

1 Like

Same Here.

Problem occurred after automated update - no Beta was used before.

Issue with IE (Browser opens but no url is entered) - Chrome works but very slow

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Uipath
  2. cleaned Temp and .nuget folder and nuget cache without solving the issue

Windows 10

Problem is with existing projects as well as new project

Please provide downgrade guideline until issue is resolved
browserproblem.zip (9.3 KB)

1 Like

the browser i use to run ui path is Internet Explorer

can you please collect traces as described here and send them ?

ANother thing that i would like for you guys to try, if you are seeing this IE issue:
any other browser activities work on IE?
detection works fine on IE?
go through the troubleshooting guide here : Internet Explorer x64 Troubleshooting

Hello Gabriel,

I recognized a strange thing:

when I use the Open Browser activity, i cant indicate any element except for the main window. other browser activity like get text, click do no work.

however, when i open the browser manual I can indicate and create selectors, get text, click also work as long as i don’t close the project. Once I save and reopen, all selectors are marked as invalid and i have to reset them - they show same values as before.

There are a few log files attached - the guide you provides seems to be for robots used with orchestrator or older versions of uipath.

re registering the dll also did not help

As i have not seen it above here the full error message i get

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) 2018-10-03_Execution.zip (1.1 KB)

Regards Michael

PS: The original request to provide a possibility to go back to the last working version is still unanswered.

Facing the same issue here: after upgrading to 2018.3.0, UiPath pops the same error using IE. It opens the browser correctly, but it won’t navigate to the page I want.

@Gabriel_Tatu, I’ve generated an .ETL file according to the guide you’ve posted, but I don’t know if I did it correctly: Viewing them on Windows Event Logger, there are many error events, but the EventPayload is just a really big hex code. Is that helpful to you? In that case, how can I send it to you?

send them and let me see what i can do. you can use any file transfer tool you like.