Ideal timeout for Orchestrator API requests

Hi,

I’m using UiPath orchestrator API to connect to our On-Premise orchestrator to

1. Get jobs which completed in the previous day from 00:00 AM to 12:59 PM
  2. Get queue items which completed in the previous day from 00:00 AM to 12:59 PM

What should be the ideal timeout I should use in these api requests? What factors decide the timeout of these requests? Can someone please help?

@ppr @qbrandon @Shubham_Varshney

Ideal timeout for these two activities are 30 seconds for both the activities

Basically it’s the authentication which may fail at times if proper details were not passed, or if authentication expires and because of which it will fail

Or due to connectivity but it’s very rare
Usually in api we don’t need to worry on timeout much
Because that’s the fastest and more stable way to access an application

Cheers @Surya_Narayana_Korivipadu

1 Like

Hi @Palaniyappan

Thank you very much for your response. I have one doubt. Is there any relation between timeout and number of jobs?

If suppose, there are more jobs, may be 50000, completed in previous day, then does it take more time to get the response and do I need to increase timeout?

You are not able to query that many entries at once, you will need to split your request in batches of up to 1000 IIRC. So again, timeout should not be a problem (use top and skip parameters to implement paging)

What’s the maximum number of entries I can query at once?

There is usually no limit on data that can be fetched. The data obtained is usually suggested to be max 1k, so that you will get the data for processing early for execution.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just take a look at swagger for the specific entity you are interested in.

1 Like

Did you mean if we want to fetch more results, do we need to increase timeout?

I have never tried it, but @qbrandon is showing data from swagger, so I assume he would be correct in this scenario :slight_smile:

1 Like